05-13-2010, 02:04 PM
anyone seen this yet? looks pretty impressive
http://www.mowbarrow.com/video.php

2brothersyardcare
05-13-2010, 02:47 PM
wow red necks

mowisme
05-13-2010, 02:48 PM
I think it is good effort..but just couple points of interest (a) loaded wheel barrow of rock or dirt is going to add lot of weight to castors and in time cause the mounting points of the castor arms (support arms) to possiblly start to crack ar the deck. Wet leaves maybe?..dry leaves not much problem unless go to a hulk size barrow. (b) more slip on belt drive taking off..Not sure on hydro thou whether be harder on the hydro units? I think it would. If neither above is true..which I think they are thou..Then I'd make a 'rear' accessable lever to trip the wheel barrow from the driver position. But..their barrow design- like it or leave it. Me..I'll leave it until it proves it's self. Geno

mowerbrad
05-13-2010, 02:51 PM
Its a pretty simple idea and I'm sure has its place.

Usually when I am using a wheel barrow I go over an area many times, so putting a wheel barrow onto a 600lb walkbehind only adds to the wieght that will be going over the lawn that I'm working at. So once I mount/fill the mow barrow on the 600lb mower I'm looking at an 800lb +/- piece of equipment. With a standard wheel barrow, completely filled I might be looking at 200lbs. So I'd think that by using this you would most likely start creating ruts in the lawns and possibly doing more damage than good in some instances.

I like the idea of the JRCO transport tub better because it can be used as a wheel barrow or a flat-bed transporter.

Not saying that this doesn't have a good use, but to me, I just can't see me buying it.

FastMan
05-13-2010, 03:08 PM
Gracious. Think of the extra wear and tear that's placing on the deck and casters of your valuable mower if you load it with stuff heavier than leaves. I'll pass.

br549oicu8
05-13-2010, 04:41 PM
Look up Power Barrow.

gene gls
05-13-2010, 08:47 PM
That may be a new idea to them guys, but for us "old" timmers we have seen many that are simular. My old Ransom w/b hauled 1000's of pounds over the years and saved me many of back aches from pushing a wheel barrow.

topsites
05-13-2010, 08:57 PM
Well I tell you I went by Southern States this past week to get a new spreader,
and what did I noticed they had sitting outside...

10 cu foot Wheel barrows!

Omg the bucket on that thing :laugh:

Here's one on the Web:
Brentwood Industries ACWB11665 10 Cu. Ft. GroundsKeeper Wheelbarrow
($220!)

M.A.Landscaping
05-13-2010, 11:20 PM
JRCO has something like that for the front of a WB

Raymond S.
05-13-2010, 11:27 PM
I have one of those for mulch. I paid $89 at Rural King. I love the thing. Well, I've never personally used it but I've spread a lot of mulch that my helpers tote across the yard for me with it :)

FastMan
05-13-2010, 11:56 PM
Topsites, they suck if you have to take them on even moderate sideslopes. You can't lean it to keep the barrow level like you can a single wheel, so it tips on ya.

topsites
05-14-2010, 02:49 AM
Topsites, they suck if you have to take them on even moderate sideslopes. You can't lean it to keep the barrow level like you can a single wheel, so it tips on ya.

I didn't even think about that, maybe that's the reason why I've stubbornly
stuck to my single wheel 6 cu.ft. barrow but man the size of that bucket sure
made my eyes bulge.

I still think about buying one, I realized even then it wouldn't work for all jobs with 2 wheels,
there's bound to be some problems but for the right job that thing could save
a LOT of time walking back and forth...

Probably cut a 4-5 cubic yard mulch job down by 30 minutes, I spend a LOT of time walking...
Take both barrows along :p

Anyhow, when I have $200 to spare I'll go get one thou I thought they were a bit less than that...

Matt S
05-14-2010, 11:33 AM
That narrator sounds like he's trying to hold in a bong hit.

GrassIsGreenerLawnCare
05-15-2010, 03:05 AM
i wonder how much they are trying to charge for it? sux to patend sumthin that ANYONE can make/do. probly dont make too much money off that one

FLAhaulboy
05-15-2010, 03:23 PM
I thought their video was funny, more red neck than professional! I did see they had a Jackson metal barrow (photo) that was more heavy duty.

I think it needs a lever that the operator can engage in order to dump the load w/o have to get off the sulky. The tub also needs to be mounted higher, so the tub doesn't touch the ground when dumped...I noticed the operator had to dig out the mulch out of the tub after dumping it.

I think it would be a pure waste of $ to buy this thing until all the kinks are worked out.

CLS LLC
05-15-2010, 04:28 PM
I have a stander and I think I'm going to go to the hardware store and buy a wheel barrow bucket and make one of these. I already have the JRCO front mount bar so It would cost me less than $100 to set up the whole thing. I primarily use wheel barrows for mulch so the added weight wouldn't be much of a concern. For $100 I think it'd be worth it though.

FLAhaulboy
05-16-2010, 06:51 PM
I thought I saw a similar product being offered years ago, with a bigger metal tub?

yardguy28
05-16-2010, 07:22 PM
eh it's neat to watch but i don't think it's very practical.........

i can't exactly tell the size of the barrow but the one's i use are the larger 2 wheeled type and that looks like the smaller one wheeled type. also it seems more of a time waster. i can load a wheel barrow full of mulch and get to the place i'm dumping and dump it faster than i could fill that thing, get on the mower, move it to where i'm dumping it and dump it.

dhardin53
05-17-2010, 02:08 AM
Looks like that old belt drive Bunton will hale that kind of load all day. But I'm not sure today's Bunton/Bobcat is made quite the same.

I use a older Buton 36 huydo every day, there bullet proof. I have pushed cars and truck out of ditches with it.

Grass Shark
05-17-2010, 10:37 PM
from that video it looks like the worker is tired after scooping the leaves out with his hands. What if that was topsoil. And that mower would tear up the lawn with the loss of traction cause the weight in the front, thats if it were a real lawn, not rednecks in the woods bangin there sisters.
Um... i think if I was gonna go throught the trouble of getting a 6 cu ft mow barrow I would take the $139 and buy a friggin 12 cu ft dump cart to tow behind my z. And I would not have to spend a half day trying to make custom brackets to mount my "mowbarrow" to my walk behind. I give the rednecks credit though... bedder den I spected!