PDA

View Full Version : ZTR Engines

bigjoedo
05-13-2010, 02:29 PM
I moved this from The Commercial/Residential section since I see we are not supposed to post there any longer. I wondered why I have been getting no replies to questions.

I know there are lots of opinions and preferences. I am just curious, I have been using (all residential not commercial) mowers, tillers, small wood chippers etc. with B&S engines and the run well and run a long time.

I had a SEARS mower with a Tecumseh that did not run so well. Why are so many people down on the B&S engines? At least for residential equipment? Thanks

Bigjoedo

dwost
05-13-2010, 03:16 PM
I moved this from The Commercial/Residential section since I see we are not supposed to post there any longer. I wondered why I have been getting no replies to questions.

I know there are lots of opinions and preferences. I am just curious, I have been using (all residential not commercial) mowers, tillers, small wood chippers etc. with B&S engines and the run well and run a long time.

I had a SEARS mower with a Tecumseh that did not run so well. Why are so many people down on the B&S engines? At least for residential equipment? Thanks

Bigjoedo

Briggs has been around for a long time. They have had their dogs but they also do produce some good engines (Vanguard) For many running the lower end models in commercial applications, they just don't hold up. If you have been satisfied with them then I'd say stick with them. I'd check out the Vanguard series as you will read most on here are impressed with them. I have a 9hp Vanguard on my powerwasher and it runs great. If you are looking to repower something and want to stick with Briggs look for this series. My personal preference goes to Kawasaki. BTW, I'm in Huron, we're neighbors! lol

bigjoedo
05-13-2010, 03:49 PM
Thanks Neighbor

Sport42
05-13-2010, 05:28 PM
I've also had great luck with Briggs engines. I prefer them. Easy to work on and get parts for. With proper maintenance in homeowner applications, they will last a very long time.

MS_SURVEYOR
05-13-2010, 06:03 PM
I have a single cyl 16hp Briggs Vanguard on my 1999 Sabre. What a GREAT engine. But my engine is a Daihatsu engine with a Briggs label. A whole lot better engine than the Briggs ELS models.