PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy carb adjustment tool for Shindaiwa T242?

Alan0354
05-13-2010, 07:07 PM
I need to buy the carb adjustment tool for my M242. The number believe to be 81362, but I have been searching all over the web and cannot find it. Anyone have any idea?

Thanks

Merkava_4
05-13-2010, 07:51 PM
Have you taken the tamper proof plug out yet? The reason why I ask is because the Walbro PDF mentioned the idle needle having a 2.5mm straight slot head. They may have gone to a head requiring a special tool; I don't know.

Hey Alan, would you like me to send you the Walbro PDF? I accidentally learned how to email Adobe PDFs. :D

Alan0354
05-13-2010, 08:48 PM
Have you taken the tamper proof plug out yet? The reason why I ask is because the Walbro PDF mentioned the idle needle having a 2.5mm straight slot head. They may have gone to a head requiring a special tool; I don't know.

Hey Alan, would you like me to send you the Walbro PDF? I accidentally learned how to email Adobe PDFs. :D

No I have not done anything yet. The engine seems to need a bit longer to warmup lately, that's why I am looking ahead to buy the tool.

Yes, please sent me the PDF. Thanks.
Alan

Merkava_4
05-13-2010, 09:02 PM
Yes, please sent me the PDF. Thanks.
Alan

You'll have to PM me your email address, but I promise not to give it to the CIA or immigration service. :D

G. Ramey
05-13-2010, 09:13 PM
Is the carb adjustment tool the little red thing about 6 inches long. I think I have one that I never took out of the plastic.

ed2hess
05-13-2010, 10:24 PM
Guess it won't help you but my dealer gave me one for the 2510 when I purchased 4 units. This one is a blue handle and the adjusting needle is kinda d shaped. I am guessing that this isn't a special tool.

Merkava_4
05-13-2010, 11:57 PM
Guess it won't help you but my dealer gave me one for the 2510 when I purchased 4 units. This one is a blue handle and the adjusting needle is kinda d shaped. I am guessing that this isn't a special tool.

Is that d shaped or D shaped?

siclmn
08-11-2011, 01:53 PM
This thread goes on and on and on and on even in 2011.
Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla.
Just order the D shaped tool for $20.00 to your doorhttp://www.edgeandengine.com/webstore/wecs.php?store=edge&action=searchadvanced&advancedsearch_words=91059 and be done with it.

Merkava_4
08-11-2011, 06:42 PM
^ ^ ^

Your link doesn't work. This one does:

Cassadaga Edge & Engine (http://www.edgeandengine.com/webstore/wecs.php?store=edge&action=category_view&target=922)

Sharpcut 1
08-11-2011, 06:59 PM
By EPA policy, that tool is not suppose to be sold to the general public, just registered dealers. It is a $32,000.00 (yes, 32 thousand) dollar fine if EPA catches you impropperly adjusting mixture screw. Applies to dealer and END USER!!!!

ed2hess
08-11-2011, 08:39 PM
By EPA policy, that tool is not suppose to be sold to the general public, just registered dealers. It is a $32,000.00 (yes, 32 thousand) dollar fine if EPA catches you impropperly adjusting mixture screw. Applies to dealer and END USER!!!!
Now if you vote for Rick Perry for president he will defund that agency he hates them.

larryinalabama
08-11-2011, 08:43 PM

The KGB stricks again, whats the fine fo spilling fuel frome the assine epa gas cans?

siclmn
08-11-2011, 10:58 PM
Well you are wrong because I just ordered one and they are for sale to the general public.
What are the chances that the EPA will see me running my trimmer and just randomly stop and say to me "we would like to emission test your trimmer to see if it complies"
what are the odds?
When you take it to the dealer and he adjusts it does he have an emission tester in the shop?
Does any dealer have one?
I can see the headlines now, "local landscaper fined $32,000 for trying to get his piece of Shiite 242 trimmer to run properly"
OK, I will calm down now and just say good night.
Jeez.