PDA

View Full Version : What a week!

jrush
05-13-2010, 09:21 PM
With all of the rain we have been getting everything is growing like it's on HGH even the lawns that get no fert, and of all weeks the engine on my 61" blows a connector rod, of course it needs a complete engine, I'm 2 months out of warranty and will cost me $2500, a week just to get the motor, on top of that I have to get all of my mowings done, and landscaping jobs as well in the same amount of time so I don't lose even more money. Needless to say I am in pain having to do all of this with a 48" wb. I had to dump a cust because it turns out she is just over the fine line of being insane, I owe the IRS, my 48" went down (luckily just a tire, but still a set back) So it has been a very sh!*ty week! I will however turn this into a positive by saying, I know how important maintenance is and don't ever take your equipment for granted, one goes down and you're screwed. I also learned the day the mower broke my prices went up across the board. I am at the point I don't care anymore about being booked for over a month, I want the price that is necessary to get paid and if anything goes wrong I have the cash to pay for it. I just don't see how lowballers can survive, and I'm sure most just close up shop when something like this happens. Sorry for the rant, it has just been one of those weeks.

clean_cut
05-13-2010, 09:24 PM
Sorry to hear about the bad week, I'll be praying for ya guys out there wit no rain, too much rain and everything in between :)