PDA

View Full Version : $42,000 DewEze atm-72 mower i'm thinking of buying** pics included

grass disaster
05-13-2010, 10:00 PM
DewEze atm-72 all terrain mower 2007, Diesel Engine, Self leveling, 72" Deck, 179 hours like new condition said owner paid some 40k for it.

what's something like this worth? if i don't find enough use for it what might i be able to sell it for? is there any kind of demand for a mower like this?

tstutz
05-13-2010, 11:20 PM
never seen that before....

meets1
05-13-2010, 11:26 PM
Tested one once but no idea of resale value. It will hold a hill like no other!

rcslawncare
05-13-2010, 11:56 PM
Better go find the steep hill work no one wants to take, you will make your money!!! That thing is sweet!!!

fredmullegun
05-14-2010, 12:02 AM
Why will it hold a hill? Seems like the center of gravity is high?

Nevermind lol

http://www.deweze.com/pictures/Copy%20of%20Industrial%2072LC.JPG

KrayzKajun
05-14-2010, 12:09 AM
thts sweet

Merkava_4
05-14-2010, 12:27 AM
Definitely does NOT look like $40k. :confused:

ashgrove landscaping
05-14-2010, 12:52 AM
what a joke . dont even waste your time to think about that. Gimmick on it's best day. Use less in this Business. seriously!

unkownfl
05-14-2010, 12:56 AM
They have there place. Its in Hwys though.

topsites
05-14-2010, 02:41 AM
what a joke . dont even waste your time to think about that. Gimmick on it's best day. Use less in this Business. seriously!

I'd have to agree, way too fancy, for that kind of money it could at least
have an enclosed cab and fm-cd premium surround sound and a/c, too!

Merkava_4
05-14-2010, 02:49 AM
So what's this thing got over a ZTR, the incline ability?

LushGreenLawn
05-14-2010, 05:34 AM
$42K!? I guess there a sucker born every minute!

grass disaster
05-14-2010, 05:59 AM
it's on an auction.

i'm hoping i could pick it up for around 5,000. maybe sell it for 10,000.

am i even close?

grass disaster
05-14-2010, 10:31 AM
it's on an auction.

am i even close?

guess ill just have to wait to see what it goes for

unkownfl
05-14-2010, 10:46 AM
Thats going to be one tough cookie to sell man. I can see you having your money tied up in it for awhile.

MikeKle
05-14-2010, 10:54 AM
The advertise them in Turf mag and other lawn care publications all the time, but I had no idea they were that pricey! They are not worth that much, maybe $8K max? You could go buy a nice big tractor with 4x4 that will handle hills for that kind of money. How much HP do they have anyway? the engine area looks pretty big?

MikeKle
05-14-2010, 10:57 AM
Why will it hold a hill? Seems like the center of gravity is high?

Nevermind lol

http://www.deweze.com/pictures/Copy%20of%20Industrial%2072LC.JPG

Any of my WBs could easily handle this hillside.

grass disaster
05-14-2010, 10:25 PM
how are these machines for rough mowing say 2' tall grass.

it has a 30hp diesel (yanmar i believe)

is that enough power and hows the cut?

N.TX
05-15-2010, 08:23 AM
Looks like an awesome machine for hills but I cant see it being worth that much money.

mcduff48
05-15-2010, 08:55 AM
Actually, you would be amazed where that thing will go. I ran one on the sea wall at Ft. McHenry.....approx. 50 degree slope and then straight down to the harbor......scary but, it held. It self levels as you turn on the hill so the operator always stays upright. A fantastic machine but, very specialized. :usflag:

MikeKle
05-15-2010, 09:43 AM
Actually, you would be amazed where that thing will go. I ran one on the sea wall at Ft. McHenry.....approx. 50 degree slope and then straight down to the harbor......scary but, it held. It self levels as you turn on the hill so the operator always stays upright. A fantastic machine but, very specialized. :usflag:

Thats all great, but $40K for it??????? That is way too much, Should be no more than $7-8K for that size engine and deck, and a bit more for the self leveling thing, but not $40K, NO WAY! Im guessing they dont sell too many of these. You could easily mow hillsides with big farm tractors and pull behind mowers, just like the crews do mowing the sides of the expressways, they mow some scary steep hills, and their tractors do just fine! You could get a supper nice tractor for $40k and you could use it for other things too, not just mowing hillsides, like that thing.

wnccutter
05-15-2010, 10:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS9lyUk-aVI

...says it will mow on slopes up to 34 degrees. (@ 1:14)

Probably good machine if you have contract work with DOT which includes a lot of slope work.

I didn't realize the deck is split to handle crowns and ditches. Cool.

flatlander42
05-15-2010, 11:20 AM
The advertise them in Turf mag and other lawn care publications all the time, but I had no idea they were that pricey! They are not worth that much, maybe $8K max? You could go buy a nice big tractor with 4x4 that will handle hills for that kind of money. How much HP do they have anyway? the engine area looks pretty big?

soooo, it's only worth twice as much as a POS home depot mower?

One thing I would want is a little bit beefier ROPS.

flatlander42
05-15-2010, 11:26 AM
I'd have to agree, way too fancy, for that kind of money it could at least
have an enclosed cab and fm-cd premium surround sound and a/c, too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWrVgJeXcuE&feature=related

Here is your cab!! pry a little more $$ tho...

wnccutter
05-15-2010, 12:08 PM
One thing I would want is a little bit beefier ROPS.

I thought the exact same thing.

KS_Grasscutter
05-15-2010, 01:09 PM
Thats all great, but $40K for it??????? That is way too much, Should be no more than $7-8K for that size engine and deck, and a bit more for the self leveling thing, but not $40K, NO WAY! Im guessing they dont sell too many of these. You could easily mow hillsides with big farm tractors and pull behind mowers, just like the crews do mowing the sides of the expressways, they mow some scary steep hills, and their tractors do just fine! You could get a supper nice tractor for $40k and you could use it for other things too, not just mowing hillsides, like that thing.

With all due respect... did you even look at the picture? That thing is nothing like a regular 72" mower. Do you realize how much hydraulic equipment it takes to make that work? That stuff is super expensive.

ed2150
05-15-2010, 01:29 PM
Don't make fun of these things till you've seen one work! The next town over from here uses them for ROW mowing and they are awesome.

No belts, all hydraulic; more sure-footed than a mountain goat. List price for this model is slightly more than $39,000.00.

If used repeatedly on exactly the same track the single drive tires will make a "trail" over time, kinda like cows and such make on a hillside as time goes by.

Hoy landscaping
05-15-2010, 03:42 PM
u better have the work lined up for that

Oldtimer
05-16-2010, 05:55 PM
Great piece of equipment. It is probably the best and safest slope mower ever built.

The only people who would knock this mower are the people who have not operated one
and are just whistling out their a**.

Oldtimer

South Florida Lawns
05-16-2010, 07:01 PM
Got a lot of over passes to mow?

puppypaws
05-16-2010, 08:56 PM
Definitely does NOT look like $40k. :confused:

I'm glad someone finally noticed the look versus the supposed value, I know looks from pictures can be deceiving but the deck looks cheaply built. That mower is supposedly made for severely sloped areas, which a great deal of the time is very rough cutting as well, I don't believe it would hold up to tough terrain cutting.

Oldtimer
05-16-2010, 09:19 PM
http://www.deweze.com/video.html

For all the naysayers who grew up on concrete and didn't start operating farm machinery by the age of 7 or 8, there is a difference in commercial mowers and industrial mowers.

Go to the videos and learn something about industrial mowers.

Oldtimer

MikeKle
05-16-2010, 09:22 PM
With all due respect... did you even look at the picture? That thing is nothing like a regular 72" mower. Do you realize how much hydraulic equipment it takes to make that work? That stuff is super expensive.

Im guessing it has hydraulic pumps, motors, hoses, filters, rams??, controls, etc, Hydraulic systems are not that expensive, mainly because the technology has been around since the beginning of time itself!! Take a look at surpluscenter.com Before I knew anything about hydraulic systems, I also thought they were super expensive, but the more I learned and read catalogs, parts are not that pricey at all. They say it is made for hillsides, but all the pictures Ive seen it on, any of my WBs could easily handle? And for $40K, CMON!!! There is much cheaper things you could use to mow hillsides than that! I bet they dont sell many of these things either?

flatlander42
05-16-2010, 11:24 PM
Im guessing it has hydraulic pumps, motors, hoses, filters, rams??, controls, etc, Hydraulic systems are not that expensive, mainly because the technology has been around since the beginning of time itself!! Take a look at surpluscenter.com Before I knew anything about hydraulic systems, I also thought they were super expensive, but the more I learned and read catalogs, parts are not that pricey at all. They say it is made for hillsides, but all the pictures Ive seen it on, any of my WBs could easily handle? And for $40K, CMON!!! There is much cheaper things you could use to mow hillsides than that! I bet they dont sell many of these things either?

your gonna mow a Dam or an On-Ramp......with a WB? :weightlifter:

LwnmwrMan22
05-17-2010, 12:06 AM
your gonna mow a Dam or an On-Ramp......with a WB? :weightlifter:

I've been trying to keep my mouth shut, but I cannot anymore.

From the "gonna hire a 26 year old to mow in a bikini" thread, to the "You bet I'm going to save my $14k zero turn from burning up" post to this one; MikeKle, you just flat out say some of the most ignorant, dumb things.

Almost to the point of I'm hoping you say some of these things JUST to get the pot stirred. Much like a former poster with the name Bobby.

MikeKle
05-17-2010, 01:42 AM
I've been trying to keep my mouth shut, but I cannot anymore.

From the "gonna hire a 26 year old to mow in a bikini" thread, to the "You bet I'm going to save my $14k zero turn from burning up" post to this one; MikeKle, you just flat out say some of the most ignorant, dumb things.

Almost to the point of I'm hoping you say some of these things JUST to get the pot stirred. Much like a former poster with the name Bobby.

First, I have no idea what the $14K ZTR is about, as I dont have any Zs??? Second, I could care less about "stirring the pot" on here. Around here they use much bigger mowers than a 72" on the on-ramps/expressways, no matter how much of an angle it can mow at. The picture they showed of the guy mowing the slope, could easily be done with a 4x4 tractor and pull behind mower, Big batwings can flex in the middle too. If you feel wasting over $40K for this dumb thing is a good idea, then go for it! Although to make it worth while, you would have to be mowing steep slopes 75% of the time!! Finally, What do you have against the girl in the bikini? If she is willing and has a body to pull it off, then I have no problems with it at all, and I was just joking about my GF finding out about her, I could care less if she knows or not, if she doesnt like it, she can pack up and move on! I can find a replacement for her real quick! BTW, Ive been in the mowing business for close to 9 yrs now and do quite well from it, I am always getting new referrals and never loose any due to my performance. I actually talked to about 90% of my customers and asked them how they would feel about the girl dressing like that when working on their yard, and NOT ONE gave a damn! They did think it was polite of me to ask though, Many of the guys were excited and a few asked me her "stats"!!! SO I dont think it would effect my business at all on a negative aspect at least, it will likely get me more business!!! I may take a look at your threads, Id love to see some of your intelligent thoughts.

LwnmwrMan22
05-17-2010, 08:07 AM
I run a tractor with a 15' tri-deck.

There is NO WAY I get that thing on a slope that the ZTR's can barely handle.

If you're on much of a slope at all, you're sitting way over on the edge of the seat holding on for dear life.

Wouldn't you rather just sit straight up and down?

THAT'S why this is as much as it is.

It's no different than buying a new Toro 4100, Jacobsen AR-5, or other large out front mower. Those are $40, $50, $80k depending on different options.

It's a specific mower for specific jobs, and if you have the work for one, you buy one.

To sit here and say "shoot, that thing is only worth $7-8k at the most is just foolish. Or to say "hey, I could do that with my wb / ztr" is the same.

puppypaws
05-17-2010, 08:25 AM
I run a tractor with a 15' tri-deck.

There is NO WAY I get that thing on a slope that the ZTR's can barely handle.

If you're on much of a slope at all, you're sitting way over on the edge of the seat holding on for dear life.

Wouldn't you rather just sit straight up and down?

THAT'S why this is as much as it is.

It's no different than buying a new Toro 4100, Jacobsen AR-5, or other large out front mower. Those are $40, $50, $80k depending on different options.

It's a specific mower for specific jobs, and if you have the work for one, you buy one.

To sit here and say "shoot, that thing is only worth $7-8k at the most is just foolish. Or to say "hey, I could do that with my wb / ztr" is the same.

Point well taken, I guess it really makes no difference what any piece of machinery cost if it can generate the income to pay for itself while making the job easier and safer.

EcoGreen Services
05-17-2010, 08:50 AM
It's a very specialized piece. A county here tried one but there were a couple issues.

-Operators didnt like them.
-A lot of the slopes were too steep.
-They didnt work well at all on bumpy, overgrown areas.
-On finished areas with 30 degree + slopes they left ruts.

They gave up on it and went back to the Big Tiger boom mowers on large Ag Tractors like this.
http://www.tiger-mowers.com/files/product_gallery/xsumrnqs.jpg
for the steep slopes and JD 3000 Tractors with mid mount mower for up and down shallower slopes.

It's interesting, I can only think of a few applications it would pay for itself

johnwon
05-17-2010, 09:13 AM
it's on an auction.

am i even close?

If you pick it up for around $5,000.00 or less, being it's at auction, I can't see it as being a big regret down the road. If you take a year to sell it and only make $500.00 profit, you will be doing better than CD's at the bank. Now if you have to borrow money to purchase it, that will be somewhat of a risk depending on what you have to put up as collateral. Good luck

LwnmwrMan22
05-17-2010, 09:39 AM
As for the original poster trying to flip the machine and make some money, you can bet that anyone that's actively looking for one is most likely looking at auctions as well.

In this economy, something is only worth what you paid for it.

I have a 2007 Dodge 3500 crew cab diesel with 9' dump body, 4x4.

4 years ago it would have been $50k+ for this truck new. I paid $31k for it with 11 miles on it.

If you pay $5k for it, most likely that's about what it's worth, with the "internets" nowdays.

grass disaster
05-17-2010, 10:29 AM
As for the original poster trying to flip the machine and make some money, you can bet that anyone that's actively looking for one is most likely looking at auctions as well.

In this economy, something is only worth what you paid for it.

I have a 2007 Dodge 3500 crew cab diesel with 9' dump body, 4x4.

4 years ago it would have been $50k+ for this truck new. I paid $31k for it with 11 miles on it.

If you pay $5k for it, most likely that's about what it's worth, with the "internets" nowdays.

thanks for getting back on track to my origional post.

grass disaster
05-24-2010, 10:29 AM
THIS IS AT $3200 RIGHT NOW.

I'M SERIOUSLY THINKING OF BUYING IT.

i shouldn't have a hard time getting $7000 for this??????

LwnmwrMan22
05-24-2010, 10:37 AM
Where would you sell it? Like I said earlier, something is only worth what you pay for it. Do a google for the name of the machine, try to find others that are used and see how much they are.
Posted via Mobile Device

puppypaws
05-24-2010, 10:45 AM
THIS IS AT $3200 RIGHT NOW.

I'M SERIOUSLY THINKING OF BUYING IT.

i shouldn't have a hard time getting $7000 for this??????

I've done these little, buy cheap and going to make a profit deals before, believe me they don't always work out as planned. Why is this great machine selling for an amount that appears so extremely cheap, remember the person selling this mower has access to a very large buyer base via the computer? What makes you believe he must sell for $3200.00 and you will be able to get over twice that much, just curious on your thought process?

Hawg City Lawns
05-24-2010, 10:54 AM
how much do one of those things weigh? do you have a way of transporting it?

dcgreenspro
05-24-2010, 11:13 AM
the course I used to work at was shaped with some very large, extremely sloped hills..like have trouble standing on them just to use a trimmer....so anyway, three guys comeout and they are pitching this machine to the boss. Boss puts them on a bad hill behind the shop and the guy almost kills himself, cuts like poop and rutted the crap out of the hill. Their are alot of ways to tackle bad hills but using this machine would be last on my list. JMO