PDA

View Full Version : Dropping a Redmax at 55mph, they take a licken and keep on ticken

QualityLawnCare4u
05-13-2010, 11:58 PM
I know we have all done this before (or I hope I'm not the only one). I had just finished weedeating a dang ditch this morning, walked to the trailor and put my weedeater back on the rack, was just fixing to lock it down. About that time the client came out and started talking and she is one of those kind you have to escape from.

When I got away from her I forgot that I had gotten sidetracked and did not secure the weekwhacker down. I get on the highway, get up to 55 and hear and sound I did not want to hear. I knew what it was before I looked in my mirror and saw my Redmax bouncing end over end on a four lane road before winding up in someone's driveway.

I cussed myself for getting sidetracked and forgetting to secure a 300 dollar weedeater. Turn around and go retrive it. Had a broken spark plug and the plastic engine cover was cracked. Got to next account, install new plug and it fires on the first pull. I have done this same thing twice over the years with a Echo weedeater and they were destroyed. Not something I want to try everyday.

What was really surprising is that in stayed on the rack for over a mile before coming loose and that was bouncing down a dirt road before getting to the pavement.

M.A.Landscaping
05-14-2010, 12:09 AM
never did that lol but i ran one of my trimmers over with my truck when i was backing up and it was beyond repair

QualityLawnCare4u
05-14-2010, 12:16 AM
never did that lol but i ran one of my trimmers over with my truck when i was backing up and it was beyond repair

:) I forgot about this one. Few years back ran over my long pole hedge clippers. It bent the shaft but I was able to straighten them and they still run today.

tstutz
05-14-2010, 12:17 AM
wow. I have yet to have that happen. I did see a guy lose about 5 new assorted brand push mowers on the highway. He didnt have any of them tied down and then he had a suprised look on his face while retrieving them for some odd reason

QualityLawnCare4u
05-14-2010, 12:18 AM
wow. I have yet to have that happen. I did see a guy lose about 5 new assorted brand push mowers on the highway. He didnt have any of them tied down and then he had a suprised look on his face while retrieving them for some odd reason

:laugh: A surprised look was not what I had.

M.A.Landscaping
05-14-2010, 12:22 AM
what an idiot

QualityLawnCare4u
05-14-2010, 12:39 AM
what an idiot

Umm, who is the idiot? I did feel real stupid when I did this but that is what happens when you get sidetracked.

M.A.Landscaping
05-14-2010, 12:03 PM
oh no not you, the guy that lost all of the push mowers

QualityLawnCare4u
05-14-2010, 08:13 PM
oh no not you, the guy that lost all of the push mowers

:laugh: I bet he felt like one to! Today I double checked everything today twice before driving off. These are expensive mistakes that are costly.

topsites
05-14-2010, 10:02 PM
Last night as I was reading this I did purposefully NOT say a word because
I just knew karma would come get me if I did, apparently this no longer makes a
difference as I ran over my trimmer this morning, with the trailer, just my luck
that somehow it escaped harm.

QualityLawnCare4u
05-14-2010, 11:00 PM
difference as I ran over my trimmer this morning, with the trailer, just my luck

:laugh:See Topsites, the karma reversed itself. You should of went ahead and told me how dumb I was for doing that then yours would have been destroyed, at least it wasn't.

Cboy7
05-14-2010, 11:54 PM
hahaha echo stinks sooo bad.I have many redmax's and thought I would try one stinking 'pro' model echo edger. It blew up and froze solid in 4 months and now I have not had it fixed under warranty for literally 1 1/2 months.

so I will take any chance I have to warn people to STAY away. unless that the only dealer in 30 miles.. wont touch em

Cboy7
05-14-2010, 11:56 PM

whoa whoa whoa. topsites!?? you have time to actually work?? I thought your fulltime job is reading the forums!