PDA

View Full Version : Want to learn landscaping

Jordanfan20
05-13-2010, 11:07 PM
So I'm 17 years old, almost 18 and I've had a registered Lawn mowing business for 3 years. I've built up a strong customer base, trying to fill up my time space while I'm not in school. This year I began doing some landscaping work, including, mulching, weeding, pulling out small trees and stuff and have been making pretty amazing money whenever I do these jobs.

So basically I want to get into landscaping. My business is doing well right now since I'm doing good work for all of my customers, the thing is I don't know much about landscaping. I really want to learn, are there any good books or materials I can learn from so that I can start doing some landscaping jobs?

Thanks guys!

PerfectEarth
05-13-2010, 11:16 PM
The only answer to your question is this-

Keep what work you have with mowing and go work for a dedicated landscape install company. I know there are good ones in Cinci... it is the best classroom possible. No book can compete.

Escapes Landscape Design
09-23-2010, 07:20 PM
You might want to consider some classes at a local community college...or some extended education classes. Also, find a mentor. What you are doing is alot cheaper than my 5 years in college to become a landscape architect. Good luck to you.