PDA

View Full Version : Canopy mid mount

unkownfl
05-14-2010, 02:55 AM
Anyone run a canopy on a mid mount? I seen a universal one at Lowes the other day and thought about putting it on the Mid mount Lesco I have. I know it would suck for residential lawns and for low hanging areas but I'd remove it for those. I mow two large properties and each take 4+ hours of straight mowing wide open fields.

Grass Shark
05-14-2010, 02:59 AM
Sounds like a really good idea for those big jobs, but would be a PIA for the residentials. Did you ever see the one that has the fan that blows straight down on your head?

unkownfl
05-14-2010, 03:02 AM
Sounds like a really good idea for those big jobs, but would be a PIA for the residentials. Did you ever see the one that has the fan that blows straight down on your head?

Never seen that. I seen the 90 dollar universal one on their web site. I don't need a fan at 10mph LOL. Shade would be nice though and if its 15 min install it would be worth it. Hell I could probably mow all my yards with it to be honest just towing it at 50 mph could be an issue.

Grass Shark
05-17-2010, 11:00 PM
I wonder if you could make a hinge so it will fold down?

MikeKle
05-17-2010, 11:39 PM
If you have ROPS, it would be easy to rig something up that would keep the sun off you, and also make it so it could fold down for towing at high speeds.

unkownfl
05-17-2010, 11:55 PM
If you have ROPS, it would be easy to rig something up that would keep the sun off you, and also make it so it could fold down for towing at high speeds.

Mike, I wish I did have ROPS but I guess no one keeps them on here. Everything is pretty flat except the accounts I manage to get LOL.