PDA

View Full Version : Blade vibration

Jimdurt
05-14-2010, 10:10 AM
I was mowing yesterday and started getting bad vibration from my blades. They are tight and I made sure to have them parallel to each other. After I felt the vibration I stopped and looked under the mower and saw they were not parallel anymore. Belt slip I'm sure because of all the grass that is thrown on the deck by the front wheels and the occasional root.

How important is blade position relative to each other?
Posted via Mobile Device

mowerconsultant
05-14-2010, 04:29 PM
The blades dont need to be parallel, you can line them up and 5 minutes later they will be off again, this doesn't affect your cut or cause vibration.
Unbalanced blades would cause vibration or bent blades from possibly hitting something would also.
Check your deck belt tension per your manual and make sure its ok.
Also check your deck pulleys and engine pulleys for debris in the v grooves, this will cause vibrations also.

Pj

Jimdurt
05-17-2010, 11:24 PM
My manual does not have a "per the manual" adjustment. I did however move the chain a couple of links to add more tension. It seems to have made a difference.

Is there supposed to be a section in the manual for this?
Posted via Mobile Device

mowerconsultant
05-17-2010, 11:29 PM
My manual does not have a "per the manual" adjustment. I did however move the chain a couple of links to add more tension. It seems to have made a difference.

Is there supposed to be a section in the manual for this?
Posted via Mobile Device

Ok, sounds good.
The last section in your parts manual has all the adjustments and maintenance information.
You can download your parts manual from the link in my signature.

Pj