PDA

View Full Version : Blade info needed - Mower Consultant

lambdin
05-14-2010, 10:37 PM
Hello, I own a super mini 24/52 ( last year they produced them) and have about 90 hours on it, and the fusions blades that came on it are getting pretty worn, so I need to buy a new set, my questions are:

are the fusions high lift or medium lift?

Oregon is now advertising a high lift gator fusions blade, any good?

To increase discharge and to reduce deck loading should I go low, medium or high lift??

I love my super mini but if there is a way to reduce the time I spend scraping the deck that would be great, my mower has the enlarged opening, what about the spacers mentioned in other post?

would making the opening slightly larger help? it seems to start building up there, I cut mainly tall fescue, deck pitch and rpm's are correct

mowerconsultant
05-17-2010, 08:30 AM
The stock blades on your unit are the Fusion as you know, they are the high lift blade we offer.
I am not familiar with the Gator Magnums, I am not sure they even offer them for the Hustler 52" deck.
I would stay with the stock Fusions and look at why the deck is loading up on you, check deck pitch and level, along with blade belt tension and engine RPM, last of all look at the conditions of the grass your mowing when the deck loads up on you.
The blade spacers you see in other posts are for the full framed Hustler Z and Super Z with non XR-7 decks built before mid 2005.
They install and compensate for the use of flat Fusion blades, the original blades on those decks were offset.
Your mower has always used flat blades, so you have no use for the spacers.

Pj