PDA

View Full Version : would this look tacky?..

mowisme
05-14-2010, 10:37 PM
I only need to add fenders and my trailer is finally done. (stripped to bare metal/other frame work,ect..) But was wondering- I have some diamond plate steel metal but not quite long enough to try to build full size tandem fenders. How would it look if I were to mount 'Amo boxes'..one in front of wheels and one to reat..then put a flat sheet of doamond steel across top to tie two together? I know it would be handy to have for bungies/oil/tools,ect..but the fenders woud be very boxy looking? your thoughts? would it look 'unprofessional' and more like Beverly Hillbillies? Thanks

FLAhaulboy
05-15-2010, 05:17 PM
Sounds cool. I cut up some rigid tin & made some fenders for my tandem axle trailer, painted them black, they look good. Might be red neckist but who cares.

360ci
05-16-2010, 11:41 AM
My trailer's nothing to look at. It's nearly 30 years old (safety done every year!), but I'd install a box on the tongue, not in front of the wheel wells. Now a days nothing looks 'unprofessional' especially when you consider that a lot of new business owners are using 'z' and other characters in place of standard letters to make their name more 'unique' like " Lawn Cuztomz" for instance. Unless you have a name like that, make it look as ugly or as good as you want. How you decide to build your trailer is your choice and the only opinion that matters in the end is yours, because your the one that has to tow it! Oh, add some photos!

mowisme
05-16-2010, 09:34 PM
Thanks on Input guys..I'll work on Photos. It really came out nice from What I started with. ( way to many hours thou) But it had the essentuals: 4-wheel electric brakes- tube frame- drop axles with torsion suspension. (rides 10" off ground) and so on. another thing I likes was coupler is adjustable to several different heights. I built a ramp with braces spaced accordingly to handle my 3-wheel scag - built a rail all way around too. put a eyelet (welded a chain link to center) of every upright brace. Almost done now. stripped entire frame with razor knife/remover..then painted with POR-15. Geno

FLAhaulboy
05-17-2010, 12:41 AM
I drilled two holes and installed-bolted in a 8"x 20" (?) metal tool box in the center of the right fender on top of fender. It holds my stretchy cords or spare tie downs.

mowisme
05-19-2010, 08:19 AM
I decided to just buy 'new' fenders. Going to mount today. I'll sill mount couple Ammo boxes thou I think..They are well built and weather proof. Great to keep bungies in or almost anything small. Thanks on imput. Gene