PDA

View Full Version : Leg Room on Fastrak SD

HussyFan
05-15-2010, 09:06 AM
Well I took the plunge once again. I traded my Fastrak 44 in on a new Fastrak Super duty 54. I love the way it drives, looks, mows, etc. I do have one small issue though. It sounds crazy but my lil Fastrak 44 had more leg room and more clearance from my legs to the handles, than my new SD 54.
I have the seat all the way back and I've adjusted the handles every way possible trying to find my comfort zone that I had on my 44, but I can't seem to find it. Even the deck area where you rest your feet seems smaller.
Anyone else noticed this as well?

mowerconsultant
05-17-2010, 07:39 AM
Do you have the handles bolted into the upper set of holes on the control arms?
If not this may help.
If they are already there and your still tight, then look at installing a set of extensions.

Kit, Steering Lever Extension, FasTrak Hustler part # 333724 MSRP $79.00

http://www.hustlerturf.com/images/attachments/large/Ext_arm.jpg

HussyFan
05-17-2010, 08:59 AM
I'll take a look at where the handles are mounted. After mowing for a couple of hours...the 54 wasn't that bad. Just the different style of seating and the deck area threw me off. The ride with the factory springs under the seats and the flex forks really smooths things out. Thanks for the reply!

Brian

mowerconsultant
05-17-2010, 10:21 PM
I'll take a look at where the handles are mounted. After mowing for a couple of hours...the 54 wasn't that bad. Just the different style of seating and the deck area threw me off. The ride with the factory springs under the seats and the flex forks really smooths things out. Thanks for the reply!

Brian

No problem.
Let me know or take a pic and post it.

Pj

SPENCER HUNTER
06-01-2010, 05:18 PM
BEING OVER 6 FEET TALL THE EXTENSION DID REALLY HELP ON LEG ROOM BEFORE THEN THE STEERING CONTROL HIT MY KNEE'S,,BEEN LOOKING ON A UP-GRADED SEAT FOR A BETTER RIDE,,,BEEN LOOKING AT THE MICH. SEAT THAT THEY SELL AT NORTHERN TOOL EVERY ONE THAT I TALK TO ARE REAL HAPPY WITH RIDE AFTER INSTALLING IT !!!NEXT YR I'M GOING THE EXTRA MILE AND GETTING THE SUPER=Z,,,I THINK THIS WOULD BE A GOOD CHOICE,,:waving: AND USING MY MINI=Z OR SUPER DUTY AS A TRIM MOWER ON SMALLER ACCOUNTS,,,