PDA

View Full Version : price for 24d app.

burninbill
07-10-2002, 05:20 PM
I am taking my test tomorrow for pesticide spraying. I am wondering how to price different products. I know it is by the square foot but what is the mark up. Do you try to make an hourly rate, or mark up product by a certain percentage. I want to be competitive in the market but not too high. I currently get 35 to 40 dollars a man hour for mowing, but do not what to charge for fert. apps.
Example- what would you charge for a yard that is already in decent shape to fert, for a yearly application if the yard was 5000square foot. Once again I am just trying to get a ball park for what guys charge. I realize that prices will very in different markets, I am in Kentucky.

Last question, where besides lesco should a guy shop for spraying equipment, I need everything for new guy in the business.

Jon Walker
Cutting Edge Lawn Care
Louisville, Ky
email: burninbill@yahoo.com

lawnstudent
07-10-2002, 07:52 PM
Under "Pesticide & Fertilizer Application" there is an active thread titled: "Does anybody spray?" In that thread Lawngodfather does a wonderful job of providing links to spray equipment manufacturers. Happy reading. Good luck.

jim

LAWNGODFATHER
07-10-2002, 11:44 PM
Direct link click it.

http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31372

I have spent a lot of time on pricing, and have found several ways to do it.

The easiest for lawn apps was 5 times the product, and still be competitive and very very profitable.

Only thing that was to high was insect control, so to do it and still make a good deal on money off it, I applied it with one of the steps and fixed a set profitable price for just it plus the app I was there for.

If you need any help building your own sprayer give me an email.

Also I see you live in Louiville I suggest you don't miss the EXPO next week end there, most of the MFG's will have what they have to offer out for all to see.

lawnstudent
07-10-2002, 11:53 PM
Lawngodfather,

how'd you include that thread in your response?

jim

LAWNGODFATHER
07-11-2002, 12:22 AM
Before I posted I went back to the forum and copied the shortcut by right clicking my mouse.

Then I posted and pasted the link.

Or you could have veiwed it and copied what was in the go box on your browser.