PDA

View Full Version : exmark blades

joehar
07-10-2002, 04:49 PM
hey guys,i have the 48 inch lazer hp with 20 horse kohler.i mulch all my yards.im in memphis tn by the way.my dealer showed me a set of gator type mulching blades.he raved about them.has anyone used them?are they better than the standars for grass?iveused gators on my walk behide discharger and like them.just wondering about mulching quality.thanks joe

Premo Services
07-10-2002, 04:59 PM
Do you have the eXmark mulching kit on the lazer?

I have the mulch kit on my turf tracer an tried gators with it, and didn't like the cut at all. The wavy exmrk blades do soo much better.
I will use the gators on my lazer when te leaves start falling, but don't like tem for cuting grass. Seems like it just don't throw the clippings out far enough, had to double cut lawns to make them look right.:angry:

joehar
07-10-2002, 05:09 PM
yes i have the kit on my mower.the blades he showed me look jst like the standards buthave gator teeth.im not to familiar with different blades.my dealer said these are new. thanks

Old Guy
07-10-2002, 05:17 PM
I have a 52" Laser Z HP with a mulching kit. I use the standard Exmark mulching blades and get excellent results. Are you happy with your results now? If so, then I'd stick with the standard blades. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

brucec32
07-12-2002, 12:56 AM
Hey guys, how much does mulching slow you down in moderate growth on grasses like Tall Fescue or Bermuda? (or Bluegrass, it's somewhat like the Fescue) I have a kit, but am waiting to use it in the fall on leaves with my Lazer Z hp.

My 21" handles fescue fine when mulching, but then it is slow to begin with, unlike a lazer z. I'm curious how it goes with the big mowers.

Premo Services
07-12-2002, 08:08 AM
brucec32 Hey guys, how much does mulching slow you down in moderate growth on grasses like Tall Fescue or Bermuda? (or Bluegrass, it's somewhat like the Fescue) I have a kit, but am waiting to use it in the fall on leaves with my Lazer Z hp.

I use the mulch kit on my turf tracer on tall fescue, and bluegrass, and zoysia. It does real good job, and don't slow me down at all.
The thing to remember is that you have to shut the blade off when going over driveways, if you don't, you will have a mess. Other than that I like the mulch kit in te summer and really like it in the fall.

MikeLT1Z28
07-12-2002, 08:42 AM
is gambrell your dealer? we were in there getting some standards saturday and they were telling me about a new blade everyone is raving out. only new blade i know of from eX is the excalibur but i didn't think it was like a gator. also is this the joe that works in cordova some with a lazer?

65hoss
07-12-2002, 09:03 AM
Its the new gravely blade he's talking about. With the new gravely mulch kit and double blades one is very similar to the exmark mulching blade. Except it has "gator" style teeth.

Yes Mike, that's the Joe your thinking about.

joehar
07-12-2002, 09:23 AM
hey eric,not working today? this is a good site.has anyone tried the new blades? eric,call me tonight if you get a chance..joe

MikeLT1Z28
07-12-2002, 12:18 PM
hey joe, welcome a-board! i'm the guy who worked with eric last year. own my own now.

joehar
07-12-2002, 12:32 PM
hey mike.staying busy? i split with my so called partner this year.are you just residential?this rain is great.be busy this weekend.i was getting a little dry!!what are you cutting with?you ever see eric?

MikeLT1Z28
07-12-2002, 12:39 PM
trying to. it's been really dry. i hope this rain is enough to get things back on track. i like the 73 degrees right now! i have a 36" metro that i bought in feb and i have eric's 48" WB also. working by myself and doing most of the small yards across from where we used to see you all the time. i see eric all the time.