PDA

View Full Version : Tickets

ygim
05-15-2010, 06:34 PM
Got 3 tickets the other day.
1 no triangles in my truck... didn't even know I needed them.
2 no dot number on my truck
3 no fire extinguisher

Sucks

now i know have everything now

C & T Landscaping
05-15-2010, 07:45 PM
Triangles? You mean those little Red/Orange reflective ones that are on tractors? I thought you only needed those if you were driving a piece of farm equipment.

And for the DOT # isn't that when your truck and trailer are over 10,001lbs?

And sorry to hear the bad news

JB1
05-15-2010, 08:42 PM
3 no fire extinguisher

Sucks

well at least you didn't get one for a medical card.

ajslands
05-15-2010, 08:46 PM
well at least you didn't get one for a medical card.

Hahaha ya he is! And you're lucky he did t ticket you for no inspection sticker, nor commercial plates nor a cdl
Posted via Mobile Device

stroker51
05-16-2010, 12:23 AM
It's so stupid how far apart all these guys are on their standards of ticket writing. I got one ticket for no medical card, then cited but not ticketed for not having my fire extinguisher on board, no CMV inspection on the truck, missing one lug nut on the trailer, and not having a strap on my back mower to "secure mowers from rearward movement"....I'm like isnt that what the gate's for? I wish it was a standard deal across the board that none of this comes into play until CDL weight at 26,001.

wellbuilt
05-16-2010, 05:33 PM
You must have had the pleasure of meeting officer woods for the first time .
It seems like NYS is stepping up there efforts in the harassment of the working man .
They are using us to balance the budget .
I have not talked to the (man) this year yet but im over due . John

CLARK LAWN
05-16-2010, 09:33 PM
Hahaha ya he is! And you're lucky he did t ticket you for no inspection sticker, nor commercial plates nor a cdl
Posted via Mobile Device

how do you know if he had commercial plates or not? also why would he need a CDL? from his equipment list he is no were near the CDL mark.

CLARK LAWN
05-16-2010, 09:38 PM
It's so stupid how far apart all these guys are on their standards of ticket writing. I got one ticket for no medical card, then cited but not ticketed for not having my fire extinguisher on board, no CMV inspection on the truck, missing one lug nut on the trailer, and not having a strap on my back mower to "secure mowers from rearward movement"....I'm like isnt that what the gate's for? I wish it was a standard deal across the board that none of this comes into play until CDL weight at 26,001.

there is a standard. get the motor carrier guidebook. its a little green book that will have all the regulations listed that you are required to follow.

stroker51
05-16-2010, 11:01 PM
I understand this, hell i had a meeting at my shop with the top dog in the state for motor carrier compliance from the KCC. We have been stopped once for an inspection, once by a state trooper just to tell me a trailer light was out....turned out I knew the guy we figured out as our conversation progressed, and he didnt stop me for an inspection anyway, his exact words were the he would rather stop real trucks all day long, because there is no where near the gray area there is with pickups and trailers....hmmmm. The City motor carrier inspector that got me wasn't too terrible to deal with. What I'm talking about uniform enforcement, in my stop I was askin him quite a few questions since it was our first stop, about load securement, inspections, what exactly they will be looking for in a stop, and he was really good about explaining it....and only gave me a $152 ticket for not having a current medical card lol. But I have had friends get stopped, and get told an entirely different set of things, or get an entirely different set of tickets. Both officers I have spoken too said sure, there is a guideline, but it just depends on who stops you as to what they require. For example, he made me put a strap over the back mower on the trailer, one walk behind on front, two mid z's behind it with a gate on the trailer, to secure from rearward movement, no big deal. A company I used to work for has been told the same thing. Three other guys I know have been stopped by different officers and told to tie down every machine. I am the only one I know of who has been asked about an inspection on the truck.....there is no uniform enforcement, at least in our area.

stroker51
05-16-2010, 11:03 PM
I just re-read my first post....the standard across the board i was referring to was basically do away with the 10,001 federal guideline, and bump it up to where enforcement and regulation began at CDL weight....26,001 GCVWR.

CLARK LAWN
05-16-2010, 11:14 PM
i think they need to get on enforcing it more. i dont know how many times i have been going down the road and see another LCO with the mowers bouncing around on the trailer, i just think what would happen if that thing came flying off and hit someone.

Duffster
05-17-2010, 01:46 PM
3 no fire extinguisher

Sucks

What size truck and trailer do you have?

Do you work out of state?

ajslands
05-17-2010, 01:58 PM
Did you have comercial plates?
Posted via Mobile Device

KrayzKajun
05-17-2010, 02:01 PM
im glad the DOT has better things to do than harrass the landscapers around here

Duffster
05-17-2010, 02:03 PM
Did you have comercial plates?
Posted via Mobile Device

What difference does that makes?

ajslands
05-17-2010, 02:06 PM
What difference does that makes?

because if he didn't, he could have been cited for that?
Posted via Mobile Device

Duffster
05-17-2010, 02:08 PM
because if he didn't, he could have been cited for that?
Posted via Mobile Device

Do you really know the regisrtation requirements of New York?

My trucks are commercial and none of them have commercial plates.

Do you have a Chauffers license? Are you even 18?