PDA

View Full Version : Hustler Super Z or Scag Wildcat?

Steeley
05-15-2010, 07:53 PM
I need help I need a new mower I have tried the Hustler Super Z and the Scag Wildcat I like both of them, need input on pros and cons. Thanks

RTR Landscaping
05-15-2010, 09:34 PM
Go with the Scag. I have nothing against Hustler but I know the Scag Wildcat is a really great mower. The Velocity deck is hands down the best on the market and Scag reliability is really hard to match. If the dealers are good for both brands, get the Scag.

puppypaws
05-15-2010, 09:40 PM
I need help I need a new mower I have tried the Hustler Super Z and the Scag Wildcat I like both of them, need input on pros and cons. Thanks

You are in Maine which makes me think you would be better suited to the Wildcat, the Velocity Plus will move more grass through than the XR-7 deck. You have more limp bladed northern grasses which the Velocity Plus stands up to be cut more cleanly due to better suction. The Velocity Plus will also handle damp or totally wet grass better than the XR-7 deck, the discharge opening is larger.

The Super Z will handle and ride better than the Wildcat along with being more productive in dry stiff bladed grasses due to the speed difference. I don't believe (no way for me to know) that you need the extra speed a Super Z has to offer. The Super Z excels in more open areas where the fast speed can be utilized in southern type, dryer, stiff bladed turf grasses.

The Wildcat will excel in heavier limp bladed grasses that is prevalent in Maine. I have owned and operated Super Z mowers in the south for many years and can cut a tremendous amount of grass per hr. but this is because of cutting dry stiff bladed grass that stands up perfectly. I can cut grass at 13+ mph with no problem, in your area of the country this would be out of the question. The Scag has always held its resale value better than any mower on the market as well.

SouthSide Cutter
05-15-2010, 10:15 PM
I needed a back up mower, so I decided to buy another brand and use my TT as the back-up. It had 600hrs on it. My thought was to use the new one which has a 2yr 2000hr war. as the main mower. Well its not working out like planned. The new one is a good mower cuts great in dry normal grass. Good ride and help liked it just as good as the TT.
Then we start mowing wet grass, getting behind because of rain grass is getting tall and mowers dont hold as good on banks cause of the wet cond. The TT is all thats being run.
Learned my lesson and Ive run or seen all the brands run this spring in the weather we are having around us. And nothing out there right now beats the TT. Wife has run the mowers alot this spring and this is a quote from here ( I dont care what the price diff is get another Scag).

Steeley
05-16-2010, 09:18 AM
Thanks for all the help, you guys are great!!

ToroLandscaper
05-16-2010, 11:12 AM
I needed a back up mower, so I decided to buy another brand and use my TT as the back-up. It had 600hrs on it. My thought was to use the new one which has a 2yr 2000hr war. as the main mower. Well its not working out like planned. The new one is a good mower cuts great in dry normal grass. Good ride and help liked it just as good as the TT.
Then we start mowing wet grass, getting behind because of rain grass is getting tall and mowers dont hold as good on banks cause of the wet cond. The TT is all thats being run.
Learned my lesson and Ive run or seen all the brands run this spring in the weather we are having around us. And nothing out there right now beats the TT. Wife has run the mowers alot this spring and this is a quote from here ( I dont care what the price diff is get another Scag).

What other brand did you buy, if you dont ask me asking?

Off the top of my head I don't know which brand has a two year/2000 hr warranty...