PDA

View Full Version : Looking at mowers

Triple G Lawn and Snow
05-16-2010, 01:35 AM
Hey guys, have you ever heard of a Jayzee Country Clipper? It is a z turn 60" deck 20hp Kohler Command. Also has a single joystick control. Brand New left over 2 or 3 years old. Has anyone had any experiance or know anything about these machines?

Or

Has anyone had experiance with a Simplicity Champion. It is a 50in deck not sure on the motor, I think it has the vanguard in it. The guy told me it is in the middle between a homeowner unit and a commerical unit. Any input on either of these machines would be great.

rcslawncare
05-16-2010, 01:43 AM
Never seen them, both sound like cheaper mowers, probably why its 3 years old and not sold yet. Just make sure you have a dealer for parts and warranty work. Whats the warranty on both machines??

Triple G Lawn and Snow
05-16-2010, 02:03 AM
not sure on the warranty The guy said the country clipper was the last one and they dont sell them anymore.

For the simplicity an older gentlemen traded it in for the same model just newer year. Im gonna look at that one monday. If that dosent impress me then I'll keep looking Im not in rush to get another mower.

Nosmo
05-16-2010, 05:52 AM
Just my opinion -- 20 HP gas engine is rather small for a 60" mower.

Nosmo

brodo374
05-16-2010, 07:02 AM
Have a guy here local that sells them. In fact, they are his only brand he sells and any other mower competition is 20 miles to the next city. That being said, I still never see them out in the field. I do not know anyone that has one or would consider one. I did look at the country clipper couple years ago and did not like at all. Besides, if you put a 20 hp engine on a 60 inch cut---than you should'nt be taken seriously anyway..

rcslawncare
05-16-2010, 07:30 PM
Keep looking, for these models, you can find a used commercial mower than will outlast these newer models!!

dtc0207
05-16-2010, 11:13 PM
Just my two cents but the country clipper will hold a hill better then anything else ive seen, also this year I have mowed my yard with a husq pz 60, mz 61 exmark lazer, exmark lazer xs and a quest as well as a country clipper boss and I can say with out a doubt the country clipper cut the best the articulating front deck is great

Triple G Lawn and Snow
05-19-2010, 09:49 PM
well I have decided to keep looking and found a mower that I like better then the other two.

It is a 2010 Husqvarna MZ6128 ztr.

This is a brand new machine with 0 hrs and it is a 61in deck with a 28hp Briggs and Stratton Professional series motor. This z-turn is considered a land owner model which is a step up from a homeowner model but a step down from a full on professional (commerical) model.

So if there is any one out there with one of these machines or has used one please fill me in with any info good or bad. It would be greatly apprecaited.

I have always been a Husqvarna guy myself.

cbkc
05-19-2010, 10:52 PM
You gotta check out the Hustler Mowers. They are the best in the industry and invented the zero turn mower. I have a Super Z and Super Mini Z and love them both!! They have the highest blade tip speed in the industry and in my opinion give the best cut.

Triple G Lawn and Snow
05-19-2010, 11:04 PM
yes I have looked at the hustlers and they are really nice machines. very well built. Just a bit outta my price range and the dealer is about half hour away as the Huqvarna dealer is 10min away. But if I could justify the cost of one I would get a Hustler or Scag.

castlerockmo
05-19-2010, 11:08 PM
I have an Husqvarna Ez and has lasted me 4 years so far and still running great. That mz is not a bad machine for a large estate mower. There are guys running them around here commercially. Its a good machine for a good price.

cbkc
05-20-2010, 01:31 AM
There are good deals on slightly used Hustler Super Z mowers on craigslist, I picked up a 2003 Super Z for $4850 and it has 267 hours and it was a $10,000 mower new. Also Hustler just started producing a line of mowers called "Big Dog" which are basically Hustler with lower retails and painted a different color. Shopping for mowers should be fun so enjoy it!!