PDA

View Full Version : Van ?????

Eric E
05-16-2010, 09:12 PM
I did a search for vans and cargo van and didn't find anything.

I was wondering if anyone out there is using a van instead of a pick up truck. I've seen a few co's using them.

anyone?

MikeKle
05-16-2010, 11:15 PM
Theres been tons of threads about guys using old UHaul box vans to haul there mowers around. try searching box trucks or Uhaul trucks, you should get loads of results, I think it is a good idea to use one, they are well taken care of when owned by Uhaul and you can leave your rig loaded all the time without the weather or thieves getting to it, plus you dont have to worry about towing a trailer around or finding a 60ft parking spot!!! Another big plus, Uhaul trucks are very cheap to buy, from $1500 up to about $4000.

unkownfl
05-16-2010, 11:26 PM
I've read a ton of threads on using cargo vans like ecolines or express vans. If your going to tow the are basicly a truck with a topper on it. If you want to put mowers in it well its not very fun. Can it be done yes do you need to section off the drivers compartment yes.

Eric E
05-17-2010, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the replies!

I searched again using different terms and found some good info.

ZTR_Diesel
05-17-2010, 03:45 PM
Vans are lots cheaper than trucks, pound for pound, etc.

That said I would not reccommend placing gas cans inside the body of a van - just not a good idea at all.

As long as you don't mind the blind spots and driving with a trailer all the time (take time to practice with it) then go for one Ford & Chevy of late both make quality vans, I tend to prefer Fords, that's just due to the fact I've driven Club Wagons all over the US.

Lawn Man Dave
05-17-2010, 05:27 PM
If I had a box truck I would have a vent installed to vent any possiblee fumes out (gas can starts leaking or something).........

Viper550
05-22-2010, 03:33 AM
well I'm just starting out and all I have is a cargo van so i will see how that works. Hopefully by next season i will have a trailer.

360ci
05-23-2010, 11:41 PM
well I'm just starting out and all I have is a cargo van so i will see how that works. Hopefully by next season i will have a trailer.

It'll work OK. I ran my first two years out of a '90 Sierra with no trailer. I put a high rise cap on the box and it worked great, and no gas fumes came into the cab!