PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki 2-cycle

BJWLAWNCARE
05-16-2010, 09:41 PM
What is with the A, B and C after the model numbers. They have dozens of string trimmers to begin with so looking on e-bay can be very confusing. I would love to give the business to a local dealer but they only sell/ service engines in my area. I have a ktf27a and like it a lot. It is reliable, light and cheaper than the others I own. Any help would be appreciated.

Alan0354
05-16-2010, 10:05 PM
Do a search, there was a thread just a few days ago about this. Far as I remember, not a big difference. For the money, just take a chance. There were so many good reviews and it is so much cheaper than those name brands. Don't worry about dealer, threat is as disposable. Chances are you are going to be way way ahead money wise. I really think there are people here with special interest keep telling others to buy from dealers.:waving:

BJWLAWNCARE
05-16-2010, 10:34 PM
Just take a chance? I would rather be informed Alan. I tried the search before and after I posted this thread without sucess.

Alan0354
05-16-2010, 10:37 PM
Sorry, I took it you were asking about KGT27, did not see the KTF until you responded. Get the KGT, it is still about $250, still cheaper. People here talked alot about the KGT.

GlynnC
05-17-2010, 12:08 AM
The Kawasaki model A, B, C etc. represent the generation of the model--at least I think. "A" is the first generation of the model, "B" represents some type of change to the "A" model, "C" is a change to B model etc.

I have a couple of the KGT27A's and they are great. I maintain 2 stroke equip for a bigger commercial guy who has 9 of the KGT27A's and 1 of the "B". He hasn't noticed a lot of difference in them, but the "B" model is more cold natured. Several of his A's are high mileage, he plans to replace with the new C model.

demhustler
05-17-2010, 01:53 AM
new kawi (carbs - with internal choke plate, directly attached to throttle (w/o separate choke and throttle controls) - really bad
old ones - lasted 2-3 and more seasons, heads, shafts, clutches been wearing out and replaced, but motor runs like a champ

new ones - i wouldn't recommend
...even with constant carb cleaning, - soon it hard to start, big PITA in the field - take filer off, pour gas in carb, - it might start eventually if it not worm or you lucky and didn't snapped recoil spring...

BJWLAWNCARE
05-18-2010, 09:13 PM
so the ktf27a would be one of their best then correct? They have them for 200 on e bay anyone use the other for a long period of time with sucess?