PDA

View Full Version : Swivel Wheel 21" Mowers

intimidator782
05-17-2010, 01:01 PM
I have the chance to buy a used Cub Cadet 21" Self-Propelled mower for $100. It has a 6.5hp Kawasaki engine. Model is SRC 621. It has swivel wheels up front and a 6-speed transmission. I was wondering if anyone has used this mower and if it sounds good. Was also wondering if anyone uses the swivel wheel mowers and if they prefer them or not. Right now im using a Craftsman 21 so i know the CC isnt commercial but the Kawasaki engine seems like it would be better than my B&S. Any input is appreciated.

MarcSmith
05-17-2010, 01:15 PM
I have an ariens 21" with the same motor with the swivel wheels. its nice on turns but if you have any kinds of a slope and you are not going straight up or straight down the swivel wheels always want to go "down" the hill. so its more work going in a straight line on the side of a hill.

Mine has an option for the pins to lock the wheels straight which is what I did...

chris@perfectlawncare
05-17-2010, 02:16 PM
Be careful. My john deere 21" broke a swivel wheel. It's an easy fix, but a pain in the arse
Posted via Mobile Device

Robert Pruitt
05-17-2010, 03:00 PM
i have that same JD. the transmission went out. $115.:cry:

MikeKle
05-17-2010, 03:04 PM
I used that cub cadet on a customers lawn, it is a great mower! Starts easily and cuts nice, plus it can go pretty fast as there is multiple speed settings. The power is OK too.

Alan0354
05-17-2010, 04:58 PM
I just found out I cannot buy the Ariens LM21SW in the People's republic of Kalifornia!!!!:cry::cry::cry:

Damn liberal state.

T.M. LAWNS
05-17-2010, 09:27 PM
I just found out I cannot buy the Ariens LM21SW in the People's republic of Kalifornia!!!!:cry::cry::cry:

Damn liberal state.

I have noticed just about all power equiptment I buy here in Arkieland can't be sold in Cali. I guess because of emissions. :hammerhead:

MikeKle
05-17-2010, 09:56 PM
I dont know how the guys out in CA even operate mowing equipment with all the emissions laws? Do the commercial mowers out there have cat converters on them? Well, maybe off road equipment is exempt from those laws? Anyone know?

Alan0354
05-17-2010, 10:14 PM
It is not just emmission. The dealer told me they can't sell the LM21SW because they don't like the gas tank in Kalif!!!!!:hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead:

I really don't want to get the JD swivel wheel because JD have such a bad rating in Consummer Reports. The % of repair is double the second last mower!!! That's baaaaaddddddddd.

I have exactly ONE yard ( mine) to mow. It is all level, I don't stripe. The swivel mower is perfect for me!!!!:cry::cry:

Now my second choice is the Toro Commercial 21". At least it's the lightest of all the good mowers.

T.M. LAWNS
05-17-2010, 10:22 PM
It is not just emmission. The dealer told me they can't sell the LM21SW because they don't like the gas tank in Kalif!!!!!:hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead:

I really don't want to get the JD swivel wheel because JD have such a bad rating in Consummer Reports. The % of repair is double the second last mower!!! That's baaaaaddddddddd.

I have exactly ONE yard ( mine) to mow. It is all level, I don't stripe. The swivel mower is perfect for me!!!!:cry::cry:

Now my second choice is the Toro Commercial 21". At least it's the lightest of all the good mowers.

I've been out of Cali. for 10 years now, but I bet it has something to do with the gas tank letting off to much evap. emmissions.

1whitetail
05-18-2010, 05:37 AM
I have the same exact Cub Cadet mower that you are considering. It leaves a nice cut and has the kawasaki engine, but there are two things that I am not crazy about. One is that the bottom of the deck has a lot of plastic and secondly you cannot wait for the bag to get full because the grass clippings will get compacted making it harder to empty. On the toro that I have even when the bag is full the clippings will slide out much easier without having to stick my hand inside the bag. Oh and one other thing the Cub Cadet is heavier than the toro recycler.

Alan0354
05-18-2010, 12:08 PM
I have the same exact Cub Cadet mower that you are considering. It leaves a nice cut and has the kawasaki engine, but there are two things that I am not crazy about. One is that the bottom of the deck has a lot of plastic and secondly you cannot wait for the bag to get full because the grass clippings will get compacted making it harder to empty. On the toro that I have even when the bag is full the clippings will slide out much easier without having to stick my hand inside the bag. Oh and one other thing the Cub Cadet is heavier than the toro recycler.

Do you mean the same as LM21SW? I'll go check whether I can get that.

1whitetail
05-18-2010, 11:21 PM
Do you mean the same as LM21SW? I'll go check whether I can get that.

No, I am referring to the Cub Cadet SRC 621. They are similar but not the same.