PDA

View Full Version : price check for a walker please

flatlander42
05-17-2010, 09:19 PM
What do you guys think of this deal......I would use it in conjunction with my Navigator...and only on smaller lawns.

1996 walker (mc?). I think it has the 16hp, it burns 1/2qt every ~5hrs. Other than that it looks like it is in real nice shape. newer seat too. Around 600hrs on it.

Wants 2200 for it. I am gonna use it in the morning. Do you think it sounds like a fair deal? Thanks in advance.

flatlander42
05-18-2010, 01:14 AM
anything to say....?

flatlander42
05-18-2010, 11:10 AM
still nothing? ok, I guess.

MJB
05-18-2010, 12:04 PM
Sounds like an ok deal I had one in 92 and ran it for many years. Sounds like you'll need a new engine which is a breeze to change out. So price one first.
The older Walkers go thru engines if your in a dusty dry area. They suck uop a lot of dirt, the new air filters are located outside the engine compartment , the older ones were not, and this helped a bunch. Look it over good , that mower works well but a little under powered, ok with the 42" deck.

flatlander42
05-18-2010, 03:43 PM
Well, I used it. I could smell it burning oil...when I would first start it up. It did a nice job. It is just a little *a lot* slower than my navigator....but I expected that. I just want/need a mower that is lighter weight and smaller than my navigator. Also, if need be it would be a back up mower. And I could put my 36" blower on it if my B breaks down in the winter too. My mechanic thinks that IF he tore that engine apart that the cylinder would be rusty. He said that the previous owner probably left it outside. He thinks that it would not get any worse *the oil burning*. I would just have to keep some in my truck and check often.

I may put up some pics of it tonight, just for the hell of it. I need to talk to my wifey and see what she thinks. I'm thinking I better grab it.