PDA

View Full Version : Wright Stander ZK

MDLawnman
05-17-2010, 10:58 PM
I just clicked on an add on the left side of the home page here for the Wright Stander ZK. I have to say I'm interested. Anyone know if it has a floating deck? I can't find it in the docs on their web site.
I did note that it holds 17 gallons of fuel!!
:cool2:

Toro 44
05-18-2010, 12:25 PM
It is a "floating deck" mower. I have one and I do like it. However I prefer fixed deck mowers. I'm sure if you have any large commercial mower you know that you can't always rely on a "floating deck" to avoid scalping. It definitely involves operator technique.

At any rate, yes it is a floating deck mower, and I like mine. I have a 61" 31hp ZK.

MDLawnman
05-18-2010, 09:55 PM
Thanks Toro44! Three days free huh? I don't know if I should do that or not. Last thing I need right now is a mower payment . . .:rolleyes:

Toro 44
05-19-2010, 07:04 AM
I bought mine when my old main machine was having constant problems and parts were hard to come by. Payments stink. But so does not having a reliable machine. I'd say do what you can with what you have until you have to buy something new. If your current equipment is reliable and reasonably suited to the work you are doing, don't be afraid to just continue using it for now and reaping some profit.

I'd take the demo to see if it's right for you. I have to say If I had done a three day, i might not have bought it. It took me a while to get used to such a large machine. But now I'm glad I did it. I definitely would take the ZK over a sit down rider for it's agility, hill holding capacity, ability to mount and dismount very quickly etc.

Here's wishing you well with your decision!

The mayor
05-19-2010, 08:54 AM
We sent out demo back. Myself and the 2 employees never got used to it. Maybe it is age, myself being the youngest at 41. We never got the full speed out of it. It took us alot longer to cut a yard. We put many hours on in 3 days. The cut was nice. quality built. I really wanted to like it. Never happened.