PDA

View Full Version : Walker Spring Recall

MOW ED
07-11-2002, 07:50 AM
This finally got to me. I posted here as I know many people look here first. I know it probably should be in the Mechanics forum. If so please relocate and link.

This is bulletin #01134A June 1, 2001 Revision A dated May 15, 2002.
Replace counterweight springs (P/N 5743-2)

Models affected Deck S/N DX-2203 thru DX-69788

I was wacked in the leg by one of these cuttin loose and it flew 8 feet in the air after that. I should have taken a picture of that bruise. This was before this recall ever happened last year. I even went to the dealer and he sold me 2 replacements. He did not know of any problems back then.

Anyway, I can see how someone may have really got hurt when this thing cut loose. I have attatched the recall at the bottom but it is small. If you want a copy just e-mail me and I'll send you one by e-mail.

Get it fixed. Stay safe.

JJ Lawn
07-11-2002, 09:11 AM
Knock on wood...... but I have had Walkers since 1996 and have never had a spring break. Guess it has not been my turn yet. :)

I have 5 spring kits coming my way as I type. And some other things too... In fact I received 5 recall bullitens in the mail the other day.

Seems that some of the dealers (mine included) were saying that they were not getting these recall notices, so Walked decided to sent them to the owners. Got to love Walker.

Jim

southside
07-11-2002, 10:48 AM
Yeah,I just had mine done. There's a story circulating over here
that some poor bugger in the US had a testicle crushed by one
as it let go.
Jeez ya couldn't be happy about that. :blob4: