PDA

View Full Version : 10 Day mowing schedule anyone?

tedblackwood
05-18-2010, 12:14 AM
I live in Asheville NC and cut tall fescue for mostly small residential customers. We do landscaping as well and currently have 1 full time employee and 1-2 part time employees during these peak times.

We have 35 maintenance accounts and the majority are on a 10 day schedule.

It seems to please most customers. My concern is that as we grow is this going to be too difficult. I see the benefit in weekly mowing for sure. But...I know that if I only offered weekly or bi-weekly mowing, I would have less business at the moment.

Does anyone else offer a 10 day mowing schedule with success?

sharpcuts
05-18-2010, 12:26 AM
I know it is popular in some areas, and I have had some request for it, but I would never do it. It is a royal pain to schedule. If ALL your jobs are on that schedule it wouldn't be too bad I guess. This time of year here I don't think I could get away with waiting that long on fescue though. I can see it in areas where they grow centipede & other slower grasses though.

unkownfl
05-18-2010, 12:30 AM
Do you work on the weekends? I have one job I do on a 10 day, its very large and it fell onto Saturday and I was going to do it today but I got rained out so I have to cut it tomorrow and so how manage to get the rest of Monday and Tuesdays scheduled work done too. Its going to suck and be about a 14 hour day tomorrow just cutting plus setup and drop off time. I hate 10 day crap but if it pays you have to do it right now.

tedblackwood
05-18-2010, 12:36 AM
Yes...10 days pays the bills atm. But just to be clear...10 days means 10 days give or take. If we have to come after 8 days so we don't work the weekend so be it. It it's been dry, we wait 'till Monday. Can be tough with the weekly's though.

My wife says, "Why don't you set one or two days aside so you can play catch up if you need to?" I just answer....HAAhahahaha

mark123
05-18-2010, 12:41 AM
I got two customers that requested 10 day rotations when I was not in a position to refuse a job. I thought about it and talked them into a 10 and then 11 day alternating schedule. That makes 2 cuts every 21 days so that they will always fall on the same days, Monday and Thursday.

They've turned out to be great customers so I can't complain except for now in the spring when their grass is 18' high by the time the 10th day rolls around.

PLS-Tx
05-18-2010, 01:34 AM
No way. :nono:

Very hard on the schedule.

ashgrove landscaping
05-18-2010, 01:20 PM
The 10 sucks. There will never be a schedule. I try to do it with my two weekers just to get that extra mow in for the month but that really doesn't apply. Doing a every other week is bad enough. But money is money.

Darryl G
05-18-2010, 03:54 PM
10 day doesn't work for me. It's either weekly or bi-weekly.

clydebusa
05-18-2010, 04:09 PM
10 days do suck, but like one mentioned I have a couple and they are actually 8 to 11 days, whenever I can put them in. They are close to the house so I can get them on the way home or 1st thing out.

akp
05-18-2010, 04:15 PM
Does anyone have any info on King Lawn and Snow in Northville, MI? Are they a scam?

Darryl G
05-18-2010, 04:23 PM
Does anyone have any info on King Lawn and Snow in Northville, MI? Are they a scam?

What's their mowing schedule like?

akp
05-18-2010, 04:25 PM
Weekly mowing and trimming and bi-weekly edging. We paid up front to save 20% and now they haven't mowed or returned any phone calls.

Darryl G
05-18-2010, 04:36 PM
I was pointing out that your post was a bit off topic, in my own sarcastic way, lol. I did respond to your other post about them though. Best to keep things on topic here or it's hard to follow the threads.

akp
05-18-2010, 04:37 PM
Thanks - I just saw that... I couldn't figure out how to post a new thread when I originally posted here, but then I figured it out! Thanks.... :)

yardguy28
05-18-2010, 06:13 PM
i had one client a while back that i did every 10 days and i will NEVER do it again.

in fact i'm making a new policy in my business. its either every week or forget it. i don't mind the bi-weekly's in the hot summer months when rain isn't aplenty and growth is slower but right now it's killing me to do the bi weekly's i have. i will keep the one's i have but i am only taking weeklys from here on out.

AllSeasonServices
05-18-2010, 06:39 PM
EVERY WEEK, EVERY WEEK, EVERY WEEK. NO EXCEPTIONS. I HATE THAT S%!# SO MUCH!!
I feel like my head will explode when I get the "well what if you did it every other week?" question.
Tell you what, if you only care half as much about your lawn I'll bet you can get a guy with a Homelite 21" hanging out the back of his late 80's hatch-back here every other week for like $6 a cut. Have a nice day.
No offense to you guys here who offer Bi-weekly maint, if it works for you great. I just cant stand the weeds in the beds or the cracks in the sidewalks or anything about Bi-weekly maintenance. The potential customer is just trying to get the price down and has no problem sacrificing the appearance of the lawn to do so. Its not for me.

MOW ED
05-18-2010, 07:06 PM
I don't offer 10 day mowing. I don't cut when it browns out but no way could I get away witha 10 day rotation in the spring. Now I am cutting cool season grass here and I am different than you. I am not saying you are wrong, I am saying its wrong for me.

mdlwn1
05-18-2010, 07:22 PM
10 day mowing is super easy..as long as all your accounts are 10 days. A lot of retirement communities and hoa's are 10 day. It's one of the many ways to give a customer a lower price than the competiton and leave them scratching their heads as to why they couldnt compete on price. 1st time I have ever seen this mentioned here. Congrats, your thinking is above most guys in the biz....

tedblackwood
05-18-2010, 07:38 PM
So far 10 days is working for me, (8-11) really like was stated earlier. 3rd year in business with 35 accounts. Yes, in the spring there is definitely cuttings hanging out on the surface. Everyone understands though since they are saving money. And yes, with most people on 10 days it's not too bad. I also have access to part time employees who can fill in as needed.

I also do landscaping.....So....with more contacts and accounts we get more landscaping.

I do wonder though about when we expand into two different crews (landscaping and lawn care)

I guess by that time I can pick an choose.

yardguy28
05-18-2010, 08:44 PM
EVERY WEEK, EVERY WEEK, EVERY WEEK. NO EXCEPTIONS. I HATE THAT S%!# SO MUCH!!
I feel like my head will explode when I get the "well what if you did it every other week?" question.
Tell you what, if you only care half as much about your lawn I'll bet you can get a guy with a Homelite 21" hanging out the back of his late 80's hatch-back here every other week for like $6 a cut. Have a nice day.
No offense to you guys here who offer Bi-weekly maint, if it works for you great. I just cant stand the weeds in the beds or the cracks in the sidewalks or anything about Bi-weekly maintenance. The potential customer is just trying to get the price down and has no problem sacrificing the appearance of the lawn to do so. Its not for me.

you take care of the weeds in the mulch bed on weekly cuts???

i know everyone is different and i'm just putting out what i do. i don't touch the mulch beds unless i'm paid extra. my weekly's consist of mowing, trimming (including weeds in cracks of hardscapes), some get hardscape edging and of course blowing off the hardscapes after all that is done.

i never thought about weeding in the mulch beds. usually my clients have mulch so there aren't many weeds that come up but they take care of them themselves i assume. the only time i pull weeds is the large one's before i put mulch down, the small one's get zipped with the trimmer before the mulch goes down.

mowerbrad
05-18-2010, 08:57 PM
I used to have one customer that wanted it on a 10 day schedule and I absolutely hated doing that schedule. Those 10-day accounts never fall on the same day every week, so one week I could mow it on a monday, then the next week it would be on a thursday, then a sunday, then a wednesday, etc. I don't mow all week, so the two days that I'm out working I usually wouldn't be mowing it on those days.

I will never do 10-day schedules again. I will accept bi-weekly accounts on top of my typical weekly mowing, but I don't do too many.

yardguy28
05-18-2010, 09:07 PM
I used to have one customer that wanted it on a 10 day schedule and I absolutely hated doing that schedule. Those 10-day accounts never fall on the same day every week, so one week I could mow it on a monday, then the next week it would be on a thursday, then a sunday, then a wednesday, etc. I don't mow all week, so the two days that I'm out working I usually wouldn't be mowing it on those days.

I will never do 10-day schedules again. I will accept bi-weekly accounts on top of my typical weekly mowing, but I don't do too many.

well i made the mistake of not thinking ahead and put all my bi-weekly's on the same week. past seasons this worked just fine. this season however is a different story. i've picked up more new clients already than i thought i would. i've already had to move some from one day to another and now i'm getting ready to spread them out and have some on one week and the rest on the other.

gonna have a take a hit to do it though because my bi-weeklys are bi-weeklys because of money. they can't and won't afford an extra cut to move them to the other week and skipping them a week with this weather (rain) is not an option. so i'm gonna have to cut a few for free one week to get them on the other week.

oh well the business i'm picking up will be worth it. assuming i keep getting the business.

brodo374
05-18-2010, 11:55 PM
I have folks on a 7, 10 , and14 day schedule. Pretty much hate it. If I could afford to drop em all excluding the 7 day folks...i'd do it. maybe one day.

milkie62
05-19-2010, 12:13 AM
My one commercial stated 10-12 days in the contract.I put it at 10 days .I mow on Monday 1 week then Thursday the next week.If it rains,I mow accordingly but go back to the original schedule.I explained to them with the size of the mowing I need to keep them on the same schedule.They said OK

AllSeasonServices
05-19-2010, 12:47 AM
Yes I do YardGuy. I do bill accordingly.
Every week I mow, string trim. edge(and I use a real wheeled edger not a trimmer), get all weeds in any cracks on any paved surface, spray weed killer/prevent-er once a month. spade and weed all beds, cultivate beds every week if not mulched. If mulched I turn the mulch over once a month, I hand prune or shear AS NEEDED all shrubs and ornamental trees, Blow off and pick up debris from all paved areas and along curb-line. blow out cellar windows. Pick up any sticks, twigs, branches, leaves, pine cones, flower pedals,...anything.
I charge a premium. I explain to any potential client why my price is what it is, if they accecpt it I stand by my word. I love the fact that when I leave my houses you can tell which ones are mine and which ones arent. And I love that my clients notice too.

jvanvliet
05-19-2010, 07:46 AM
10 days when it's growing (3 x per month) 14 days when it's not (2 x per month)

Pennington Lawncare
05-19-2010, 08:34 AM
Here's a concept. Mow the grass when it needs it. This time of year 10 day intervals is about right in my area for most yards. Later in the summer 12 to 14 days when things dry out and growing slows down. I have one yard that I mow every 7 days at the customer's request and that's it. I don't have a lot of yards either though. I just try to give the customer what they need and if their grass needs to be cut every 10 days then I'm happy to do it.

T.E.
05-19-2010, 10:56 AM
Absolutely not. Never have and never will. There are a few and I mean a few that are every two weeks....the rest every week, or they're not in the schedule.

AllSeasonServices
05-19-2010, 02:34 PM
Here's a concept. Mow the grass when it needs it. This time of year 10 day intervals is about right in my area for most yards. Later in the summer 12 to 14 days when things dry out and growing slows down. I have one yard that I mow every 7 days at the customer's request and that's it. I don't have a lot of yards either though. I just try to give the customer what they need and if their grass needs to be cut every 10 days then I'm happy to do it.

Well im glad it works for you... just doesn't work for me ok.

Hey here's a concept, The scheduling system I made in excel wont work on a ten day plan, I dont get paid extra for the time it takes for me to do special routes or worry about special schedules. I also know almost exactly when I have time to do remedial work and where to put new clients.
Also my customers are paying me for more than just chopping down some grass, there are more things I have to consider. And my customers are all happy with the weekly thing. So don't act like your on the cutting edge of grass cutting there. It just works for you.

LCCaptain
05-19-2010, 04:09 PM
I have alot of 10 day accounts and I'm paying for it this week. Sunday was the tenth day so I was gonna do it on the 11th day. Needless to say it has been raining for 2.5 days and now I'm backed up. The forecasts have been less than accurate. 30% chaince of isolated showers has turned into 100% for 8 hours straight today. They are a pain to schedule because of weekends but they pay the bills.

yardguy28
05-19-2010, 11:00 PM
Yes I do YardGuy. I do bill accordingly.
Every week I mow, string trim. edge(and I use a real wheeled edger not a trimmer), get all weeds in any cracks on any paved surface, spray weed killer/prevent-er once a month. spade and weed all beds, cultivate beds every week if not mulched. If mulched I turn the mulch over once a month, I hand prune or shear AS NEEDED all shrubs and ornamental trees, Blow off and pick up debris from all paved areas and along curb-line. blow out cellar windows. Pick up any sticks, twigs, branches, leaves, pine cones, flower pedals,...anything.
I charge a premium. I explain to any potential client why my price is what it is, if they accecpt it I stand by my word. I love the fact that when I leave my houses you can tell which ones are mine and which ones arent. And I love that my clients notice too.

wow thats a lot of work. you sound more like a gardner than anything. i know a few guys that do the kind of work you do and set up there business that way.

i'm your basic mow, mulch, prun the shrubs, leaves in the fall service. sure i pick up sticks when needed but turning the mulch and all that is not something i offer.

mulch goes down once a season. shrubs are prunned 1 to 2 times a season and the rest is mowing until the leaves fall.

here's a concept. everyone has a schedule that works for them. and is based off of how many clients they have. i would never do a 10 day schedule for anyone much less a 12 day schedule. its weekly or nothing from here on out. i'm weeding out the bi weeklys.

you really aren't on the cutting edge of grass cutting so don't act like it :hammerhead:

milkie62
05-20-2010, 12:04 AM
The account that I do every 10 days is a school district.They cannot use any chemicals and that includes fertilizer.Plus no bagging and at $465/cut,I can bend a bit.

Darryl G
05-20-2010, 08:51 AM
I have alot of 10 day accounts and I'm paying for it this week. Sunday was the tenth day so I was gonna do it on the 11th day. Needless to say it has been raining for 2.5 days and now I'm backed up. The forecasts have been less than accurate. 30% chaince of isolated showers has turned into 100% for 8 hours straight today. They are a pain to schedule because of weekends but they pay the bills.

Well, then the forcast was right. 8 hours is about 30% of the day :p

AllSeasonServices
05-20-2010, 10:01 AM
Spending the time I do at my accounts can get frustrating when giving prices. Someone will see my work, call me, and then go with the cheap guy anyway. I can kinda tell when I go to look at a house if im going to get it or not. Most of the time they will hire the mow blow and go guy. For some reason people think my price will be the same as the next guy who is giving a price to be in and out in 3 minutes.
I did five maintenance bids last week. I got one. On the lighter side I make money on that one.

bel-nor
05-20-2010, 03:06 PM
I have (4) four 10 days accounts that would probably be bi/weekly $35.00 each. This turns into $105.00 montly (10 day) vs $70.00 a month (bi-week). I do not have any weekly accounts NONE! The 10 days is as close to weekly as I can get. This economy dictates the customers choices and we have to accomodate. With the rain we are all juggling anyway.

jkilov
05-20-2010, 07:21 PM
No way. :nono:

Very hard on the schedule.

I've already explained this in several threads. Most of my accounts are on a 10 day (10.5) schedule and it's easy to manage. An example for three of my clients:

Account no. 21, .95 acre, cut on:
- Monday, May 24th
- Thursday, June 3rd (10 days later)
- Monday, June 14th (11 days)
- Thursday, June 24th (10 days)
- Monday, July 5th (11 days)
- Thursday, July 15th (10 days)

Account no. 08, 1.2 acre, cut on:
- Thursday, May 20th
- Monday, May 31st
- Thursday, June 10th
- Monday, June 21st
- Thursday, July 1st

Account no. 31, .9 acre, cut on:
- Thursday, May 27th
- Monday, June 7th
- Thursday, June 17th
- Monday, June 28th
- Thursday, July 8th

Or if I prefer to show it more clearly: All Mondays from 9:30- 10:30 and Thursdays from 10:15 to 11:15 are reserved for this trio of accounts:
- Thu, May 20th : account 08 gets cut
- Mon, May 24th : account 21
- Thu, May 27th : account 31
- Mon, May 31st : account 08
- Thu, Jun 3rd : account 21
- Mon, Jun 7th : account 31
- Thu, Jun 10th : account 08
- Mon, jun 14th : account 21
...........etc

The only difficult thing about 10-day schedules is you need 3 similar sized lots to group. These groups then go on either Mon,Thu or Tue,Fri schedules or Wed,Sat if you don't mind working then. For biweeklys you group 2 similar sized lots whilst weeklys need no grouping at all. I think it's easy enough to manage and well worth it.

yardguy28
05-20-2010, 09:06 PM
The only difficult thing about 10-day schedules is you need 3 similar sized lots to group. These groups then go on either Mon,Thu or Tue,Fri schedules or Wed,Sat if you don't mind working then. For biweeklys you group 2 similar sized lots whilst weeklys need no grouping at all. I think it's easy enough to manage and well worth it.

i don't understand this similar sized lots grouping concept.

my routes are planned by location of each client NOT property size. the size has nothing to do with a route what so ever. weeklys, bi weekly 10 days 12 days whatever they will all go somewhere on the schedule.

if i actually did 10 days or 12 days i could have weeklys, bi weekly and 10 days all in the same day depending on where they are located all with different size property's

i really fail to see how property size is part of making the schedule.

jkilov
05-21-2010, 02:11 AM
i don't understand this similar sized lots grouping concept.

The thing is, it takes the same amount of time to get each job done. You can't group a 15min job with a 60min one, you would end up with voids in your schedule. Each of these clients gets their lawn mowed on Mondays from 9:30 - 10:30 and Thursdays from 10:15 to 11:15, give or take 10min.

Look at the dates again. Trust me it's easy once you get the hang of it.

unkownfl
05-21-2010, 02:55 AM
I tell my customers I'll get to it that week not within a 15 min window god I'd be in trouble.

ShooterK2
05-21-2010, 09:47 AM
The thing is, it takes the same amount of time to get each job done. You can't group a 15min job with a 60min one, you would end up with voids in your schedule. Each of these clients gets their lawn mowed on Mondays from 9:30 - 10:30 and Thursdays from 10:15 to 11:15, give or take 10min.

How do you make up for the time, then, if you have a flat tire on the truck? Or the trailer? Or a mower? Or if your blower quits? Or if a 1-hour rain shower rolls in? Or any one of a billion different things that could throw you off schedule a few minutes or more?

Seems to me like making a schedule that minute in detail is opening yourself up for trouble, but if it works for you, more power to you. I just don't think I could ever be that precise, time-wise. And I certainly wouldn't tell my customers, even if I was.

Darryl G
05-21-2010, 09:52 AM
I give each of my customers a time slot too and as soon as their time is up, I just leave, whether I'm finished or not. ;)

yardguy28
05-21-2010, 10:24 AM

sorry it must be beyond my comprehention......:confused:

my schedules are written soley by location of the property. at the beginning of the season i group propertys based on location and put them on a day in the week and then tell the client this is your day for the week. even the bi weeklys are in that group. i don't do any times whatsoever. i don't tell the cleint any time either. if i say i'll be there wednesday i'll be there wednesday could be any hour of the working day. sure i have a normal time i'm there since i follow the same route every week but when new business comes along depending on the location of the new business that time could change for the others.

as long as i can get my properties done between the noise ordinance hours of 8am to 9pm i don't even consider size and time. on average i can turn out 9-10 yards a day with the current conditions. once things dry up a little i should be able to turn out a few more if i have to. i actually could right now because i'm usually working from 8am to 5pm. the compost site i dump my truck at closes at 6pm so i usually try to be done by 5pm so i can get to the compost site and empty the truck.

if i lived in the country or had a place to start a huge compost pile i'd probably work later especially when i'm behind but obiviously it's more convenient to empty a truck at the end of a work day instead of the beginning of one.

Dugann
05-21-2010, 11:47 AM
We have a few of those type of accounts here as well. Most of ours are business accounts that want this sort of schedule especially around spring and early summer. Then as it get more dry we bump it to a bi-weekly schedule.

jkilov
05-21-2010, 05:24 PM
my schedules are written soley by location of the property. at the beginning of the season i group propertys based on location and put them on a day in the week and then tell the client this is your day for the week. even the bi weeklys are in that group. i don't do any times whatsoever. i don't tell the cleint any time either. if i say i'll be there wednesday i'll be there wednesday could be any hour of the working day. sure i have a normal time i'm there since i follow the same route every week but when new business comes along depending on the location of the new business that time could change for the others.

I'm a bit surprised nobody keeps a timetable. To point out, I'm not on minute, but generally a certain lot will take the same predictable amount of time each week. My customers know if they're scheduled on Friday at 10:00, I'll be there, give or take 10min (sometimes more, who cares anyway) unless something unexpected comes up (which is by no means a problem). If we're late, we hurry the next job a bit or slack off if otherwise.

"I'll stop by on Friday" <-- Just does'nt work for me. Some folks like to be at home when you mow and prefer I show up as promised. Round here the market is VERY competitive. If you're not professional, you'll get outgunned, way too many lowballers around.

yardguy28
05-21-2010, 10:51 PM
I'm a bit surprised nobody keeps a timetable. To point out, I'm not on minute, but generally a certain lot will take the same predictable amount of time each week. My customers know if they're scheduled on Friday at 10:00, I'll be there, give or take 10min (sometimes more, who cares anyway) unless something unexpected comes up (which is by no means a problem). If we're late, we hurry the next job a bit or slack off if otherwise.

"I'll stop by on Friday" <-- Just does'nt work for me. Some folks like to be at home when you mow and prefer I show up as promised. Round here the market is VERY competitive. If you're not professional, you'll get outgunned, way too many lowballers around.

the way i schedule is how most around here schedule. this is considered the professional way around here.

sure i establish "scheduled times" once i start my routes for the season but it could change depending on the flow of new clients and where i need to place them. but i don't actually give out times.

when someone hires me they either tell me to put them in my schedule wherever it works best or if they ask they usually just ask what day. very few ask what time. if they do they always get the "i have no idea, i don't have specific time slots, i just start and go from job to job" response. most are ok with answer or they ask if i at least know if it'll be morning or afternoon, which i can narrow that part down. i just can't tell someone "i'll be there at 4pm on thurs.".

there's to many variables in a days time to give specific times. things break, traffic situation traveling from job to job, if a client is home they might ask you to do something else while your there, estimates come up on the fly, etc. there could be anything that could throw me off a major amount of time.

also most of my clients are at work while i'm there anyway so there is no need to know the time i'll be there. and almost all are invoiced monthly so there is no need for them to be home while i'm there.

tedblackwood
05-22-2010, 12:40 AM
"I'll stop by on Friday" <-- Just does'nt work for me. Some folks like to be at home

Those are the kind of people that I end up dropping. People who are at home can be bothersome, even with the best intentions.

Our best clients come from a second home manager I know. We maintain a beautiful property that the owner visits four times a year.

jkilov
05-22-2010, 02:37 AM
Those are the kind of people that I end up dropping. People who are at home can be bothersome, even with the best intentions.

Our best clients come from a second home manager I know. We maintain a beautiful property that the owner visits four times a year.

I could'nt agree more, but it's how it works around here. Many people here live with their parents or one of the partners is jobless, chances are someone is at home at a given time. I hate these $25 jobs a lot...

jvanvliet
05-22-2010, 07:22 AM
My contract is annual & is based on a fixed number of cuts per year. Most common down here is 30 cuts per year; November - April (following year) 2 x per month; May - October 3x per month. The bid is not fixed on a scheduled # of days between cuts, just the # of cuts per month. It's impossible to fix a 10 day rotation, or a 14 day rotation. (I have accounts where I cut 34x per year, mostly HOA's)

I open up my Outlook Calender and set the cutting schedule; sometimes it's 10 days, sometimes it's 11, or 9 or 14, or 13 or whatever. A day long or short is not going to make a difference. I schedule the most optimum route for that day. I also allow time in my schedule for trimming, weeding the beds and a couple of make up days. If I don't need the make up days, I can either take a day off, or go and tidy up my better accounts.

It's insane to set a specific time to show up on a property, there are too many variables. Part of my agreement states they must provide access if it's a gated community by either putting me on the gate list or giving me an entry code.

Also, I don't overbook to the point where I can't have even a small hicup in the business without FUBARing my whole season. If I get new accounts, I'll stretch for a while but eventually I have to either stretch some more, put down a small crew to handle the overflow or drop less profitable & out of the way accounts.

A lot of guys just keep adding accounts and adding accounts and then realize they can't handle them all. That's how I get my new accounts by guys that are overbooked, cut back on services or just do a lousy job.

yardguy28
05-22-2010, 10:51 PM
I could'nt agree more, but it's how it works around here. Many people here live with their parents or one of the partners is jobless, chances are someone is at home at a given time. I hate these $25 jobs a lot...

i have some of those as well

but even with the one's that are home when i come they don't get a specific time i'll be there.

like i said once i start mowing for the season i'm sure they notice i usually show up around this time or that but i've never told them that time and that time could change should i add a client for that day.

i can tell you about what time i am at each property each day but those are MY records. clients don't see or receive time appointments. if i say fri, it'll be sometime between 8am and 9pm.

milkie62
05-23-2010, 12:07 AM
Being a part-timer my time is not as critical as the full -timers but,,,,,, I work midnites and get out at 6:15 am.I am at my big commercial and unloading at 6:35.Done approx 8 hrs later so I have put in a 16 hr day already.Go home and shower,unwind and go to bed and get up at 8:15 pm to go to work.My 2nd day is same starting as first but residential.I am able to start that early since it takes 45 minutes to weed trim and take 1 swipe around each tree along the drive.My next day starts at 8 am since side by side customers are both teachers and they are gone by 730.

STL Cuts
05-23-2010, 03:20 PM
I mow 2 office buildings and 1 doctor's office approximately every 9-10 days (they want it done 3 times total in the month).

I mow MWF, so it usually works out that I'll mow 9 days, then after 11, then back to the 9.

These are the only ones I do this way, but I didn't mind arranging it like this b/c these are my biggest accounts and it has worked perfectly fine for the last 2 years.

zo6
06-16-2010, 06:31 AM
10 days wont work.. Way to long when you go back, need to double cut, and do ya really think the neighbor across the street with a nice lawn is gonna ask you to cut his? To me it makes you look worse as a owner to everyone in that area because they all think you just dont show up, now you may have cost yourself more customers just because one moron dont care if his lawn looks like ****.. I dont wanna knock on ya but its just not possible for me here in nj