PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor linear / cove lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
05-18-2010, 03:46 AM
I have a commercial structure to light and I want to do a soft linear wash from the soffits. I am looking for an outdoor rated linear / cove lighting product.

I know there is a lot of LED linear "rope light" on the market but I need product that is listed for use here in Canada. ULc, CSA or cETL.

I would rather use a product like Britestrip, using xenon festoon lamps, 4 lamps per foot, but cannot find product that is rated for outdoor use.

Your help would be appreciated.

David Gretzmier
05-18-2010, 09:46 PM
James, I had an electrician show me a few weeks back some strip lighting with leds every foot or so mounted on an aluminum heat sink/strip. probably 3500k, no blue but bright white, not yellow white. they came sealed and had an IP rating, but I cannot remember the number. They came in different lengths and were linkable as well. I will try and contact him and see if they are outdoor and canada UL rated.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
05-18-2010, 11:22 PM
Thanks David. There is a lot of LED strip light product on the market but much of it is not suitable as the colour is too cool (needs to be 3000K max) or the output too low (I would want several chips per foot at min)

I have found some that looks good but is not rated for use here. Pegasus Lighting Associates for example.

Forgot to mention. I need two continuous strips, each 120' long, or something that I can link up to equal that length.