PDA

View Full Version : Real Time Landscape Pro software

betmr
05-18-2010, 10:20 AM
I have searched "Landscape Design Software" and found that everyone seems to recommend the high priced programs. I'm wondering if anyone can give me some input on the "Realtime Landscape Pro, V.5" software?

I really can't afford $1,000.00 + for this, and was interested to know if this program can help me get started.

I wanted to know if the irrigation part can figure a design by way of PSI and flow?

Is there any feature that helps design outdoor lighting?

Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thanx.

shovelracer
05-18-2010, 04:27 PM
I have RLP architect and it works very well for the price. I do not think mine has an irrigation option. The lighting options are also a joke. The 2d photo and 2d cad portions are what i use the most. The 3d is cool, but if you are not getting paid well for your time it is not worth it. Now you can create something 100 times better in Sketchup, but it takes a lot of learning where programs like RLP are pretty easy, but are limited.

White Gardens
05-18-2010, 11:18 PM
Do your self a favor and save up for a better program. The better programs will help sell jobs better, so in turn you'll make more money.

Sock away 20 bucks here, 10 there, 100 over there and in no time you'll be able to afford it.

jlouki01
06-05-2010, 10:37 PM
I use RLP and it works just fine for what I do. I'm not putting together architect grade drawings. Typically my jobs are less than 10,000.

The 2d plan isn't as nice as say Dynascape and Pro Landscape. However it works fine for the small price of the software.

I bought it just to see how cad fit my company and after I have been using it a while I see the value in having some of the nicer programs. That being said RLP is a good buy if you are a casual user.

AztlanLC
06-09-2010, 01:17 PM
it also depends on the time and effort you put into the program for me it works as good as a 1k program here couple samples that what can be done in it.