PDA

View Full Version : How busy have you gotta be?

Toatlandscape
07-11-2002, 07:28 PM
Today i was sitting in the truck doing some paperwork and enjoying a little water when another crew pulled up at a house across the street. There were 4 guys with 3 vehicles. All started off to work did a good job. The black open trailer was attached to a grey Toyota. As 2 guys finished up with string trimmers the edger guy still had some work to do when he finished up he walked over to my green F250 Ford with a red open trailer and attempted to put the edger on the rack(i am still in the truck) The rack was locked so i finally had to tap on the horn and put the window down so he would go off to the right truck. As I sat there all I could think is the owner/foreman must have his hands full. Oh by the way this was about 2pm so I have to think that that edger has gone on the truck a few times by then. I know it does't have any thing to do with anything but I thought it was comical. That poor guys training did'nt even include "be aware of your surroundings".

Oh well almost had a new edger, never had a problem with people adding something to the rack. Guess I need to rethink the lock.LOL:o

Bob Minney
07-11-2002, 08:15 PM
You've got a good opportunity there. Just unload your trailer and follow them around for a day. when they have it filled up for you, head for home. :D

GrassMaster84
07-11-2002, 08:26 PM
yeah, I guess this hot weather is getting the best of us!:D

Dennis E.
07-11-2002, 09:38 PM
You should have gotten out and un-locked the rack for him!
:D ;)

Doogiegh
07-11-2002, 10:50 PM
Imagine the argument that would of happened when the crew got back to the base/shop and the manager is wondering what happened to one of the edgers..

And the worker is feverishly, adamant insisting that he put the edger on the rack, he knows he does for sure, 100% certain (etc etc) and that it must of fallen off the truck in transit or something...

And then going back over the route to look for the missing edger on the side of road... especially if one of his buddies chimes in "Yeah, I saw him put it on the trailer too.. It MUST of fallen off."..

HEHEHEH

Albemarle Lawn
07-12-2002, 12:28 AM
And give away lawn work.

Has happened a few times.

KB

Toatlandscape
07-12-2002, 07:08 PM
Yea he's back at the shop " boss it was right here between the johndeere trimmer and the echo edger" and the boss says " thats good Bob but we don't use johndeere or echo" oh to be a fly on that wall.:D

Toroguy
07-12-2002, 11:25 PM
Great story Toatlandscape.

I have to check occassionally if Im in the right yard, its easy to be on auto pilot, and not remember how you ended up where you are.

LAWNS AND MOWER
07-13-2002, 05:30 PM
To-A-T You should've had the guy hop in the truck with you and use him the rest of the day. Nothing like free labor!!!!

LAWNS AND MOWER

ipm
07-13-2002, 06:16 PM
Thanks for sharing that!!!:dizzy: :sleeping: It's gotta be the heat and humidity cya