PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Solutions equipment

americanlawn
05-19-2010, 11:35 PM
David just left about 30 minutes ago. I won't go into detail, but he "treated us more than fair". 3 of us tried out his new stuff, and he has several new units that will please most folks. Planning to buy their ride-on aerator later this year & sell some of our other aerators on ebay.

Thought I's post cuz Lawn Solutions is ahead of their time IMO.

Thanks David for going out of your way to visit us.

Sincerely, American Lawn Care, Inc. :usflag::canadaflag:

LawnSolutionsCP
05-19-2010, 11:40 PM
David just left about 30 minutes ago. I won't go into detail, but he "treated us more than fair". 3 of us tried out his new stuff, and he has several new units that will please most folks. Planning to buy their ride-on aerator later this year & sell some of our other aerators on ebay.

Thought I's post cuz Lawn Solutions is ahead of their time IMO.

Thanks David for going out of your way to visit us.

Sincerely, American Lawn Care, Inc. :usflag::canadaflag:

Let me know how your guys like the new style walk-behind aerator. Our early ones (2009s) were nice, but the 2010 models are pretty much amazing on how they handle. We are always looking to improve where possible.

Thanks again and was good meeting with you.

David

JoJo1990
05-20-2010, 01:18 AM
I'm not trying to hijack this thread...I have also spoken to David on the phone and he is always very helpful.

David, can you tell us what the improvements are on the 2010 walk behind aerator?

lawn king
05-20-2010, 06:23 AM
David, would you like to have the prototype back for your showroom? I will trade it back to you for a 2010 ?

LawnSolutionsCP
05-21-2010, 08:49 AM
I'm not trying to hijack this thread...I have also spoken to David on the phone and he is always very helpful.

David, can you tell us what the improvements are on the 2010 walk behind aerator?

The controls are radically different. It uses a push-pull motion like a nice self propelled 21" mower. The closest thing to it would be Toro's Personal Pace mower. They drive very similar except ours is a hydrostatic drive, variable speed, and aerates forward or reverse.

LawnSolutionsCP
05-21-2010, 08:51 AM
David, would you like to have the prototype back for your showroom? I will trade it back to you for a 2010 ?

You are running 1 of our first 3 units ever built...which is a nice unit, but our 2010 models are even easier to operate. We might be able to do a trade in for you....but it's gong to cost you.

Give me a call.

lawn king
05-21-2010, 08:42 PM
I love my machine & wouldn't trade it for anything. Years down the road, when lawn solutions becomes the general motors of lawn equipment, i will have one of the original units that i will sell for big bucks. Then i will buy a small place in aruba and sell snowplows :cool:

americanlawn
05-24-2010, 07:26 PM
Anybody ever bought a Lawn Solutions ride-on/ZTR aerator? How do you like it? Does it reduce manpower enough to justify the cost? (most of our aerations are done within a 3 week period during the fall). Don't mind spending $8500 for a ride-on sprayer/spreader cuz we use ours six days a week from March through November.

Been using LS walk-behinds & TURFCO's with the sulky. Large areas, we use Ryan hydraulic-lift aerators pulled by John Deere 445 garden tractors (22 hsp). We run 2 guys per aeration crew.

Any personal advice would be appreciated. Thanks. (Rabbitman, I know you have one) :laugh:

RABBITMAN11
05-24-2010, 09:45 PM
I have one and love it! It's worth every penny. Fast, deep plugs, and does what three aerators can do.
Posted via Mobile Device

nepatsfan
05-24-2010, 09:51 PM
where are they sold. What is the difference between these aerators and say a blue bird or a ryan?

RABBITMAN11
05-24-2010, 09:55 PM
Night and day! The lawn solutions aerator is faster pulls deeper plugs and is easier to use.
Posted via Mobile Device

LawnSolutionsCP
05-24-2010, 09:55 PM
where are they sold. What is the difference between these aerators and say a blue bird or a ryan?

You might want to check them out at Rickey & Clapper in Sudbury, MA.

They stock all of them.

lawn king
05-24-2010, 09:58 PM
Norfolk power might be a lawn solutions dealer?

LawnSolutionsCP
05-24-2010, 10:01 PM

Yes, but they are trying to sell of their older stuff first and they only have seeders in stock.

nepatsfan
05-24-2010, 10:13 PM

I am there all the time. I have never seen their stuff, nor have I looked. I will keep my eye out. Just out of curiosity, I dont mean to hijack either but were you out of weymouth?

JoJo1990
05-25-2010, 07:15 AM
The controls are radically different. It uses a push-pull motion like a nice self propelled 21" mower. The closest thing to it would be Toro's Personal Pace mower. They drive very similar except ours is a hydrostatic drive, variable speed, and aerates forward or reverse.

David - I have and LOVE the newest version of Toro's personal pace mowers. Do you have any video of the updated walk behind aerator yet? Please post a link!

americanlawn
05-25-2010, 05:50 PM
Thanks buddy -- That's what I needed to know (ammunition to use when I talk the wife into letting me buy one). :laugh:

I still remember your video -- impressive. Thanks, Larry

I have one and love it! It's worth every penny. Fast, deep plugs, and does what three aerators can do.
Posted via Mobile Device

phasthound
05-25-2010, 07:13 PM
Good to see you today, David. Even though I was a little confused with the controls, I was impressed with how the seeder worked. Other seeders I have used area great deal of work, yours was much easier to handle.

lawn king
05-25-2010, 08:13 PM
I am there all the time. I have never seen their stuff, nor have I looked. I will keep my eye out. Just out of curiosity, I dont mean to hijack either but were you out of weymouth?

Yes we were out of weymouth for decades, moved to abington in 1991.

roccon31
05-26-2010, 10:38 PM
thanks again for the demos today, David!

for anyone looking for some bada$$ lawn equipment, lawn solutions is the place to go.

i demo'd the brush cutter, the ride on aerator, and the walk behind aerator.

the brush cutter chopped down anything we threw at it, as fast as i could walk behind it! several 2 inch saplings in a row in your way? no problem, hit at full speed and mow 'em down...

the walk behind aerator is also VERY eassy to use, does not beat you to death, easy to turn with one hand (with tines in the dirt, no lifting!!!) pulls nice plugs also.

the ride on aerator was the cats meow for aeration. almost too fast, very simple to use, great features, heavy duty, almost idiot-proof, etc. what can i say, they nailed it with this machine. definately in my future!

i have used the seeder in the past and liked it. very easy to use, trouble free machine.

keep up the good work david, and get that topdresser finished!

americanlawn
05-30-2010, 05:43 PM
Lawn Solutions "RIDE-ON" aerator:

How long is the warranty? (couldn't find it on the company site)

Is there a "buy it back" guarantee? If so, how many days/months is it?

If it breaks, how easy is it to replace parts.

If I buy one in August, will it have any improvements over previous models?

Any reports of common breakdowns so far? If so, what are they? How easy is it to fix any probs?

Will any future upgrades be easy to add?

Is it recommended to do the "trim areas" with a walk-behind unit?

Gotta ask, cuz we will only use this aerator for a total of 3 weeks per year.

Thanks, serious buyer.

LawnSolutionsCP
05-30-2010, 06:31 PM
To many questions to answer on my mobile.

Just leaving the Indy 500. We had a shared suite at the start / finish line with Andretti Racing. They finish 2nd. It was a very AWESOME day. Was also the hottest race day on record. Will post pics soon.

Larry, I'll be out your way again this week. Set up some aerations and you can demo a unit this week. I know it isn't aeration season but you can do your house and a few others if you want.

We are always looking to make units better so there is always a chance of something better / faster to come out.

Chances are very good!

David
Posted via Mobile Device

LawnSolutionsCP
05-31-2010, 04:09 PM
Correction: Andretti Racing finished 3rd, 6th, 11th, 18th, and 30th. I had no idea they had that many cars and drivers.

Larry, I'll be out your way this coming week. My schedule isn't completely set yet, but Wed and Sat looks good. The rest of the week if full. You and your guys can take one of the ride-ons for a spin for 2-3 hours and answer the questions yourself before you buy one. I'll also go through the unit in detail if you have time.

Thanks

David

americanlawn
06-01-2010, 06:00 PM
We watched the race on TV-- were you the guy in the yellow shirt? :laugh:

Glad you were able the Indy 500.

Re buying your new ride-on aerator: I say yes. Wife says no. Guys say, depends if it affects their year-end bonus.

Thanks, Larry

br549oicu8
06-01-2010, 11:49 PM
We watched the race on TV-- were you the guy in the yellow shirt? :laugh:

Glad you were able the Indy 500.

Re buying your new ride-on aerator: I say yes. Wife says no. Guys say, depends if it affects their year-end bonus.

Thanks, Larry

Probably depends on if you need a trailer to haul it around!! LOL!!!!
I could NOT resist that one!

americanlawn
06-03-2010, 08:44 PM
Hi br -- I know one has to use trailers sometimes. :laugh: David was here again today. About six of my guys had a chance to drive the ride-on unit. He's got a very cool way to transport the walk-behind aerator (in front), and the ride-on aerator right behind it on a 5 X 10 foot trailer (which we have). It has a quick-release lockdown for securing both units in about 20 seconds. David told us that LS is currently making their 2010 model ride-on aerator that has improvements over the current model. BTW the current model is sold out, so if you buy one, it will be the 2010 improved ride-on.

Now it's up to me to sell our older aerators on Craigslist so we can buy one. We'll see. Cuz we want one. :waving:

LawnSolutionsCP
06-03-2010, 08:50 PM
How deep were the holes that we were coring today?

The new ones are the 2011 models.

The 2010s are already gone / sold out.

We should start shipping the new models in 3 weeks.

David
Posted via Mobile Device

RABBITMAN11
06-03-2010, 09:43 PM
I told you it was a beast! The new ones will be even better.
Posted via Mobile Device

americanlawn
06-04-2010, 07:42 PM
oooops .. I meant the new 2011 model.

Thanks RABBIT.....You were right -- it kicks butt!

David, Thanks again for stopping by.

The plugs were 2 - 3 inches, but the holes were about 5 inches deep never seen an aerator that can do that (other than $20,000 aerators designed to relieve soil compaction for trees).

Question: Since the plugs were about 1/2 as long as the holes, where is the rest of the plug? Was it pushed down into the soil profile? (Sorry, I forgot to ask this question)

As for the unit holding up, I'm satisfied. I was also impressed with the quality of chain used on the machine. Nice deal regarding the 2011 hydraulic pumps too.

David, you know I have the "okay" to buy one if I get enough $$ selling enough of our older aerators on Craigslist. I'm gunna do my best for sure, cuz it's an awesome machine like RABITMAN said.

LawnSolutionsCP
06-04-2010, 08:20 PM
Your soil is very sandy loam instead of clay. On more clay based soils you will see the full plug (1 piece) laying on the lawn. In sandy loam, they fall apart when they get ejected from the tines at high speeds. The full plug comes out but does stay together.
Posted via Mobile Device

americanlawn
06-04-2010, 10:14 PM
Thanks. Makes sense. I'm used to the old fashioned aerators where the "complete plug" shows up nomatter what soil type, but it's usually only a 1 --- 2 1/2 inch plug (depending on soil type & soil moisture). I just didn't want to see the bottom half of the plug compacting the soil making a "hard pan" within the soil profile.

Plus - It's the heavy (clay) soils that really need aeration.

BTW, some of my guys (with shorter fingers than me) could not even reach the depth of the holes. I thought that was cool. I also like the adjustable depth that your ride-on aerator offers.

On big yards, we've relied on pull-behind (Ryan) aerators, but sometimes we'd get stuck, or caused rutts trying to climb out of the backyard in soft/muddy soils. Your unit solves this. Nuther advantage for your ride-on. :usflag::canadaflag:

kbrashears
06-28-2010, 10:50 AM
Anyone know how to make a LS WB aerator run faster?

It's painfully slow to me. I'm lucky to do 20k in an hour.

LawnSolutionsCP
06-28-2010, 10:53 AM
Anyone know how to make a LS WB aerator run faster?

It's painfully slow to me. I'm lucky to do 20k in an hour.

Should run 4 mph which is a brisk walk. If not, your belt that run the hydraulic pump might be loose.

Just give us a call.

David

502-968-3188

JoJo1990
07-03-2010, 08:22 PM
Does anyone have a picture or video of the newly updated LS walk behind aerator? David said the new model has a different drive system similar to the Toro Personal Pace mowers. I'd like to see what this looks like if someone can snap a pic of it as there is nothing new on the LS website.

Thanks.

LawnSolutionsCP
07-04-2010, 08:54 AM
Does anyone have a picture or video of the newly updated LS walk behind aerator? David said the new model has a different drive system similar to the Toro Personal Pace mowers. I'd like to see what this looks like if someone can snap a pic of it as there is nothing new on the LS website.

Thanks.

I have a meeting this week with our graphic designer to discuss updating all our products to our website. Also, there are units in MN if your check our dealer locator.

David

DUSTYCEDAR
07-04-2010, 11:52 AM
THANKS SO MUCH FOR SENDING OUT MY BLADES SO FAST
sorry i didnt catch up with ya but i was already commited to another project.
thanks dave for all the help.

kbrashears
07-05-2010, 07:19 PM
Should run 4 mph which is a brisk walk. If not, your belt that run the hydraulic pump might be loose.

Just give us a call.

David

502-968-3188

Just to let everyone know, David was a big help here. I just had to adjust the cable to the hydro and it was a simple adjustment to take some speed from the reverse and add it to the forward.

In this process, I broke a plastic part, which was replaced overnight, free of charge (with a metal one, which makes a LOT more sense for what it does).

Anyway, the unit is easy to use. One of my guys knocked out four acres running 1/2 passes and he wasn't even near tired. I did my lawn and a few others as well. I'll go out and run this thing one handed and video it and upload it to YouTube in a day or two. Here are some pictures. I am in a very rocky, clay-based soil area, and these areas hadn't seen any irrigation in a week.

kbrashears
07-05-2010, 07:35 PM
A couple of more pictures.

Also, if you push to the right to turn left, more speed is given to the right side and the outer tines move faster and vice versa. The two middle rows of tines are free floating and aren't hydro driven, allowing for some tight turns. I think that's how this thing operates. I know it's easy to turn and turn very tight. Awesome machine. I can't wait to grow this business and get a ride on and run both units on a yard with two guys.

jonthepain
07-05-2010, 07:38 PM
...updating all our products to our website.
David

looking forward to seeing those online. :)

David, I've checked your dealer locator for dealers near Raleigh, but can only find places that rent them, and those not too close. I have emailed them to see if they will sell me a wb aerator, but have not heard back yet.

Am I missing something or someone? It seems that Raleigh is a big enough market to support an LS dealer.

Thanks,
Jon

JoJo1990
07-06-2010, 09:12 AM
Great photos. So this is a split drive unit? I don't see where there is a split in the handle system to allow the right or left tines to operate independently of each other. A like to a YouTube video would be great when you have time. Thanks for sharing with us!

djagusch
07-06-2010, 12:07 PM
Great photos. So this is a split drive unit? I don't see where there is a split in the handle system to allow the right or left tines to operate independently of each other. A like to a YouTube video would be great when you have time. Thanks for sharing with us!

I thought that also.

jonthepain
07-06-2010, 07:32 PM
heard back from a dealer in Durham. that's close enough.

LawnSolutionsCP
07-06-2010, 08:58 PM
Who was it
Posted via Mobile Device

jonthepain
07-06-2010, 10:39 PM
Chip Smith at the True Value in Durham

LawnSolutionsCP
07-06-2010, 11:53 PM
STI Turf Care is also a good contact. They have 8 locations.
Posted via Mobile Device

jonthepain
07-07-2010, 01:05 AM
I'll have to give them a call. It might be worth the extra several hours drive if the price is right. True Value seemed a little high.

Thanks,
jon

LawnSolutionsCP
07-07-2010, 01:08 AM
What did they quote?
Posted via Mobile Device

jonthepain
07-07-2010, 02:10 AM
for some reason I am not finding the PM function here. let me know your email address and I'll get back to you with that in the am.

thanks
jon

LawnSolutionsCP
07-07-2010, 07:41 AM
for some reason I am not finding the PM function here. let me know your email address and I'll get back to you with that in the am.

thanks
jon

Just go to our website and contact me there. I'll get right back with you via email

David
Posted via Mobile Device

jonthepain
07-07-2010, 10:00 AM
email sent. thanks David.

kbrashears
07-08-2010, 12:07 PM
Here are some photos and the YouTube video I shot this morning. I was aerating a bank here in town. Bermuda. High compaction. We got some rain and I've been irrigating heavily to bring this SDS hellhole back to life. Pulled some good plugs this morning. I was getting up to 2.5in in depth. Video is shot making a right hand turn into a straight stretch with one hand. That's my good friend Mr. Nutsedge there in the second picture.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWKM1sw7tkM

jonthepain
07-08-2010, 12:26 PM
lol you know Mr. Nutsedge too? what a guy.

sweet one handed turn btw

jonthepain
07-08-2010, 10:51 PM
I'll be ordering mine tomorrow

:cool:

touhey33
07-10-2010, 11:07 AM
whats the price on this aerator?

LawnSolutionsCP
07-10-2010, 11:10 AM
whats the price on this aerator?

Both Sunbelt there in Noblesville and MacAllisters in Fishers have our equipment.

MacAllister (CAT Dealer) is a dealer and they are $3,250 and have several in stock.

americanlawn
07-11-2010, 05:55 PM
kbrashears -- I noticed you have 3 weights. Does that make a difference on the plug depth you are getting? Just wondering cuz we've been using just one weight.

rscvp, thanks

kbrashears
07-11-2010, 06:24 PM
kbrashears -- I noticed you have 3 weights. Does that make a difference on the plug depth you are getting? Just wondering cuz we've been using just one weight.

rscvp, thanks

Yes. I have to have the extra weight with the rocky clay based soil we predominantly have here.

LawnSolutionsCP
07-11-2010, 06:34 PM

rscvp, thanks

It addes another 100lbs of weight directly over the tines.

DUSTYCEDAR
07-18-2010, 01:24 PM
that sure is sweet

jonthepain
07-18-2010, 06:26 PM
Mine should be in tomorrow - I'll post up some photos.

jonthepain
07-21-2010, 08:14 AM
still waiting.

LawnSolutionsCP
07-21-2010, 09:48 AM
Just sent
Posted via Mobile Device

jonthepain
07-21-2010, 01:59 PM
Awesome. Beautiful machine. Looking forward to using it.

Thanks David.

NJemerald
07-22-2010, 11:41 PM
your new 24" dual hydro machine looks VERY impressive!!!

Question...
Are you making any of these (or other) changes to your "Seeder" line?

LawnSolutionsCP
07-22-2010, 11:52 PM
No, there are not changes coming for any of our seeders.
Posted via Mobile Device

jonthepain
07-23-2010, 06:07 PM
Just pulled in with the new machine.

Should I have gotten a manual / warranty card with this thing?

I think B&S usually includes some literature with their engines too.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e248/jonthepain/LSMachine.jpg

jonthepain
07-23-2010, 07:06 PM
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e248/jonthepain/100_7669.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e248/jonthepain/100_7670.jpg

also need some weights. how do i go about getting weights? just tried it out on the backyard and it just bounces off.

LawnSolutionsCP
07-23-2010, 07:30 PM
There should have been a weight and manual in the center weight pocket. Probably bounced out during shipping.

If it is bouncing along while aerating, the ground is rock hard...or from looking at the picture very rocky.

There are 3 more weights available for another 100 lbs of weight over the tines giving it just over 400 lbs of weight over the tines while aerating.

Give me a call on Monday and I can send another weight to replace the one that is missing.

Thanks

David

jonthepain
07-24-2010, 12:22 AM
There should have been a weight and manual in the center weight pocket. Probably bounced out during shipping.

roger that

If it is bouncing along while aerating, the ground is rock hard...or from looking at the picture very rocky.
lol that's my driveway. back yard is clay; i'll water tomorrow a.m. and try again

There are 3 more weights available for another 100 lbs of weight over the tines giving it just over 400 lbs of weight over the tines while aerating.

Give me a call on Monday and I can send another weight to replace the one that is missing.

how do i get all three? i am thinking that i'll need them.

oh yeah and an owner's manual.

Thanks David.

jon

LawnSolutionsCP
07-24-2010, 05:19 AM
roger that
lol that's my driveway. back yard is clay; i'll water tomorrow a.m. and try again
how do i get all three? i am thinking that i'll need them.

oh yeah and an owner's manual.

Thanks David.

jon

I can get you the extra weights on Monday, but the manual can be downloaded from our website under the manuals link.

David
Posted via Mobile Device

jonthepain
07-26-2010, 11:03 AM
Done.

Thanks for the great customer service.

jonthepain
07-29-2010, 09:10 PM
Got the weight today; thanks LS

It looks like it's been through a chipper, so I'll dip it in black plastic to coat it. Don't want anything scratching up the paint on my new baby!

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e248/jonthepain/LSaeratormagnolia.jpg

LawnSolutionsCP
07-29-2010, 09:30 PM
Man, thats a good lookin aerator!

NJemerald
08-07-2010, 05:24 AM
Dave,
Do you have any Dealers in the Nothern NJ area, where I can see/demo your machines, to help me decide before buying?

Thanks

JoJo1990
08-07-2010, 05:52 AM
Just ordered the 9HP Revitalizer, the Aerator next month...Any updates on the top dressing machine? I saw it was in the works last year and was hoping you may have something out this fall or early next spring!

LawnSolutionsCP
08-07-2010, 08:52 AM
Just ordered the 9HP Revitalizer, the Aerator next month...Any updates on the top dressing machine? I saw it was in the works last year and was hoping you may have something out this fall or early next spring!

We will show them at the GIE-EXPO in Oct.... If you have never been, the best place hands down to try / demo equipment. All OEMs side by side doing demos. Try anything you want. Largest turf show in the country, huge indoor distplays, but my favorite is the 18 acres of equipment you can demo.

LawnSolutionsCP
08-07-2010, 08:53 AM
Dave,
Do you have any Dealers in the Nothern NJ area, where I can see/demo your machines, to help me decide before buying?

Thanks

Yes,

there is a product locator on our website....if nothing close contact Stull Equipment (distributor) out of Pottstown, PA.

JoJo1990
08-07-2010, 06:07 PM
We will show them at the GIE-EXPO in Oct.....

Ugh. We'll keep pressing and maybe in mid September we can see some photos. Sort of how we got you to leak the photos of the aerators! :usflag:

jnt412
08-26-2010, 01:12 PM
Looks like someone Armor Oil'ed there Aerator nice and shiny..:drinkup:

I'm planning to rent the Turf Revitalizer next month for a few yards and if it goes well, I will see about buying one..

cjoverma
08-26-2010, 11:26 PM
i wouldnt rent the revitalizer unles you have the money to buy one... we made that mistake, rented one in a pinch and then my guys refused to use anything else(and me too). Then rental yard couldnt keep up with demand adn basically stopped renting to our area (an hr away) so we demoed the new 24" model... even bigger mistake than original... much more power, lot more robust machine, practically a harley rake (dont tell david..). one heck of a buy and superb service so far... think about it ...