PDA

View Full Version : Which Turf Revitalizer model?

JoJo1990
05-20-2010, 12:12 AM
It's not a question of IF, but WHEN I purchase the turf revitalizer from Lawn Solutions.

I'm torn between the 9hp 20" model of the 13hp 24" model. Can any of you guys that own them now share your thoughts please? My average size yard that I treat is 7,500 square feet, with the largest being about 29K as of current. I do have a few standard size fence gates to get into, but other than that, nothing out of the ordinary. I would like to add a sulky to it as well. Any war stories would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

jnt412
05-20-2010, 10:10 AM
I'm interested to see the responses. I saw one at HomeDepot yesterday at the rental center. Maybe you can try one out at your local HomeDepot...

And David.. (the LP Solutions guy).. I posted a comment on your profile and still waiting on your response..

Thanks

Barefoot James
05-20-2010, 07:11 PM
Your first TR should for sure be a 20 inch 9hp. The bigger units may not fit through all gates - and that would suck if you got 4 more inches and it did not fit. Even the 20 inch has scraped the sides getting in a few yards. Keep in mind it seeds at 20 inches but you still have sides and tires. I think a 20 inch is still about 32 wide??
I do about 40K a year in seeding jobs and use a 20 inch - 9 hp model. This unit will do most all jobs and even the bigger ones. I have used the 30 inch 13 hp many times on larger jobs (two at a time) but the 20 inch can do it all and is easy to manuver. Good Luck!

LawnSolutionsCP
05-21-2010, 07:37 AM
20" model is 31.5" wide
24" model is 35.5" wide

They were designed to be as large as possible but still go through a standard sized gate.

EastCoast
05-21-2010, 09:12 AM
I have the LS Turf Revitilizer 9hp model purchased earlier this year for my home 1/4 acre. Great size for my property and also fits through my gates.

Great machine..... thatched and seeded in March with quality seeds 80% KBG, 20% Per. Rye and my lawn looks amazing!

EastCoast
05-21-2010, 09:53 AM
Some photos two months after using my using my LS Turf Revitilizer 9hp....

jnt412
05-21-2010, 10:12 AM
Very nice.

Barefoot James
05-21-2010, 08:19 PM
Is that white rust mold? How did you get it to grow into a Yankee logo?? - :rolleyes: How about that player that stepped on his bat running to first and broke his ankle? :laugh:

On a side note - Very nice grass dude!

grass4gas
05-21-2010, 09:13 PM
Very nice lawn.

But I gotta question...Why in the world would you buy a $3500.00 piece of equipment that you will only use maybe once a year for your own lawn.

Did I miss something here....

EastCoast
05-21-2010, 09:36 PM
Why... because I love to maintain my grounds better than the landscapers maintain my neighbors.

If I use this machine 3 times a year that's my prerogative.... I could sell it in a heart beat if needed.... but the main reason.... buy quality equiptment and you see great results.

All my equiptment is commercial grade.... I don't cut corners on my equiptment.

Barefoot James
05-21-2010, 09:38 PM
$3500 is like the price of 1 ticket to a Yankee's game. He wants his turf to be like the field they play on (to due that you need a LS TR) - drop in the bucket for the season ticket holders of the Yankees. What's a ticket cost on the first base line - front row, cost for 1 game? Like 10K he's gonna buy a ride on aerator next. David get this guys number.

LawnSolutionsCP
05-21-2010, 09:38 PM
We have sold several to home owners.
Posted via Mobile Device

EastCoast
05-21-2010, 09:41 PM
[QUOTE=Barefoot James;3575002]Is that white rust mold? How did you get it to grow into a Yankee logo?? - :rolleyes: How about that player that stepped on his bat running to first and broke his ankle? :laugh:

I called the company that made the template for the NY Yankees and they told me they couldn't sell me one.... so I made my own. It's not 22ft like in Yankee Stadium.... but big enough for me about 4ft.

http://blogbeckett.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/stadiumsod1.jpg?w=420&h=366

lungs414
06-22-2010, 10:26 PM
Hey eastcoast I have a summer house in riverheadand I need to revitalize my lawn also, what brand seed did you use. It looks great. I didn't research it but does that machine dethatch and seed at the same time?

RABBITMAN11
06-22-2010, 11:12 PM
I have the 24 inch model with the 13.5 with a sulkey. I would buy the biggest you can buy, that will fit your business. I would definitely buy the bigger engine. Im very glad to have the larger model makes it even faster on the larger properties. No matter what you'll love the turf revitalizer!

lungs414
06-23-2010, 07:48 AM
I am a homeowner not a professional. I think his lawn looks great and was interested in the seed he used, since we live fairly close. I have a 42" hustler mini z and mulch all the time, and i need to start bagging. The problem is I am looking for a used bagger since a new one costs about $1800. Does this machine dethatch as well as reseed? I also have an extensive irrigation system, so can I dethatch now or is it best to wait?
Also any chance of getting a copy of your Yankee template? I have a few Metsuck fans in my family that I'd like to tweak when they come over. LOL I'm serious about the template almost care more about that than the lawn. What is the white stuff? chalk like the lines at the stadium?
Thanks alot
Rich

meth
06-23-2010, 11:09 AM
I would be interested in knowing the seed type as well.

razor1
06-25-2010, 07:31 PM
lungs414, did you get the pm I sent?

CHARLES CUE
06-25-2010, 09:25 PM
I'm interested to see the responses. I saw one at HomeDepot yesterday at the rental center. Maybe you can try one out at your local HomeDepot...

And David.. (the LP Solutions guy).. I posted a comment on your profile and still waiting on your response..

Thanks

I dont thik he goes there i did the same and never got a reply

go to lawn solutions wed ste and send him a email

Charles Cue

EastCoast
06-28-2010, 10:59 PM
Hey eastcoast I have a summer house in riverheadand I need to revitalize my lawn also, what brand seed did you use. It looks great. I didn't research it but does that machine dethatch and seed at the same time?

I purchased from the SeedSuperStore.com.... my breakdown was as follows:

Kentucky Bluegrass:Bedazzled Kentucky Bluegrass [40%]
Kentucky Bluegrass:Princeton 105 Kentucky Bluegrass [40%]
Perennial Ryegrass:Amazing GS perennial ryegrass [20%]

EastCoast
06-28-2010, 11:04 PM
I am a homeowner not a professional. I think his lawn looks great and was interested in the seed he used, since we live fairly close. I have a 42" hustler mini z and mulch all the time, and i need to start bagging. The problem is I am looking for a used bagger since a new one costs about $1800. Does this machine dethatch as well as reseed? I also have an extensive irrigation system, so can I dethatch now or is it best to wait?
Also any chance of getting a copy of your Yankee template? I have a few Metsuck fans in my family that I'd like to tweak when they come over. LOL I'm serious about the template almost care more about that than the lawn. What is the white stuff? chalk like the lines at the stadium?
Thanks alot
Rich

The template is a 4'x4' piece of oak and I used Aerosol Paint for Natural Grass.

http://www.missouriturfpaint.com/Products/Field_Marking/images/230large-1131085513.jpeg