PDA

View Full Version : contacting former customers?

bobbygedd
07-12-2002, 12:55 AM
im thinking of something, need some opinions. over the last few years i have managed to lose a few very good customers. since i do this part time, the reason for losing them was either me dropping them cus i couldnt keep up, or them dropping me, cus i couldnt keep up. well today as i was cutting, one of them drove by, and waved, and it occured to me that if possible, getting some of these customers back would be really great and they r all in my service area. next season im full time lawn, so i know i will be able to handle the work. what if i was to send out letters to my lost customers explaining that we would like to have them back on our schedule, and if they r interested the door is open. also explain to them that we have made several changes to better handle the workload, and provide better service, new equipment, more experienced staff, etc. what do u think the chances r of getting them back?

HOMER
07-12-2002, 05:54 AM
I got one of my old ones back, started last month. They called me though and I did work out a better deal than I had before. A well written letter might do you worlds of good........do it, what have you got to lose?

Bob Minney
07-12-2002, 08:08 AM
Like Homer said what have you got to lose? The worst that can happen is they say no. You dont ask, you dont get.