PDA

View Full Version : Turf Magazine emergency!

JimK
07-12-2002, 03:11 PM
Hi folks. A few months ago we started featuring "Talkin' About My Gear" in Turf Magazine -- short articles (and photos) from lawnsite professionals. Well, we're all out! The editor just came to my office saying we have no more of these. Can you help me out? I know $50 ain't much ... but I'm not asking for much either. Thanks,

Jim

65hoss
07-12-2002, 03:16 PM
Where is my $50? I forgot about the $$ involved. haha.

Just kidding, I was glad to help. Feel free to run mine a second month.:D

Turf Ranger
07-12-2002, 03:16 PM
wait i dont get it? your saying that turf magazine pays $50 to feature you in the magazine? and u are looking for people?

JimK
07-12-2002, 03:25 PM
I'm saying that as publisher, I'm looking for more lawnsite folks to tell our 70,000 readers about their equipment ... and something about themselves. And for the trouble, I've offered $50 a pop. (If you didn't get paid, please e-mail me your address, etc., and I'll get it right out).

rkbrown
07-12-2002, 03:35 PM
Jim:

We can have some fun here. A little creative photo editing...in Hoss' pic, take the Plugr out and put in a 20 year old Murray 21 and substitute the words "aerator" and "aeration" with "mower" and "mowing". :D

65hoss
07-12-2002, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by rkbrown
Jim:

We can have some fun here. A little creative photo editing...in Hoss' pic, take the Plugr out and put in a 20 year old Murray 21 and substitute the words "aerator" and "aeration" with "mower" and "mowing". :D

:cool: I just gave that murray away.:dizzy:

Rooster
07-12-2002, 04:08 PM
Hoss,

I got a 22" Murray I'll loan ya! :blush:

Rick

65hoss
07-12-2002, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Rooster
Hoss,

I got a 22" Murray I'll loan ya! :blush:

Rick

At least its an extra inch. :eek:

JimK
07-12-2002, 04:46 PM
rkbrown ... SURE! a bit of photo magic would be great. I know our readers have a sense of humor. They voted the lawnsite column "In Your Own Words" one of their favorite features in the magazine. Send something along. I'd lend you my Murray, but one of the wheels broke (in half). Or, my Crapsman rider which my boy used to create a 40-foot long divot in the front yard!

BRIAN FOLEY
07-12-2002, 04:57 PM
We would like to help you out the lawns are so burned out from the sun we have plenty of time! contact us at bbkfoley@msn.com. Thanks! Brian Foley - Signature Landscaping:cry:

Doc Pete
07-12-2002, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by JimK
Hi folks. A few months ago we started featuring "Talkin' About My Gear" in Turf Magazine -- short articles (and photos) from lawnsite professionals. Well, we're all out! The editor just came to my office saying we have no more of these. Can you help me out? I know $50 ain't much ... but I'm not asking for much either. Thanks,

Jim
Sorry,
I had offered to feature my Hustler, especially since most people don't know about them. It's been so busy I forgot. I'll get writin' this weekend........

J.Henderson
07-12-2002, 10:20 PM
Where do I sign up? Would like to show off a few of my lawns and equiptment.

MOW ED
07-12-2002, 11:02 PM
I sent you mine, hope ya got it.

I've been waiting to see it in the magazine.

jeffex
07-14-2002, 07:50 AM
My wife and I were in the last Turf Mag and we were very delighted and suprised. Now whats this about $50. I didn't get that check. Glad to help anyway. This forum and Turf Mag are great sources. Keep up the good work.

Brickman
07-14-2002, 12:02 PM
A 40' long divot???????????????????? How in the world??

I am good at screwing things up, but I believe this boy takes the cake.

On the subject I would send in an article, but I am in the process of selling out. I don't think I qualify. Sorry.

JimK
07-16-2002, 09:44 AM
How'd he create the new "ditch" in the front yard? Simple. He was mowing at full speed ... hit the side of my apple tree, which bent one of the cheap blades at a 90-degree angle ... then he kept on truckin' -- right across the front yard. Yikes! What a mess.

FrankenScagMachines
07-16-2002, 04:51 PM
OK, you want a joke one, here ya go. Email me at bush_hog_v36@yahoo.com and I'll tell ya where to send the check to.
------------------------

"I is Joe Blow, I cut grass for folks. I use an old Scag mower that I got from my neighbor's insurance company (i don't have none). They said that a mowing guy caught it on fire and that I could keep it for free. Well, we (me 'n Bubba) got it running and i uses it everyday. it cuts kinda perty, 'specially with them thar original blades, you know the kind with the wings on them for extra lift? They's kinda rusty 'n dinged up, but Bubba says that just makes 'em better. He probly right. It's tarrs are flat but it don't leave marks on the yard that a'way. The seat is purty comfy too, 'specially after i patched 'er up with duck tape. It's alittle rusty but thats allraht. i think it the best mower they is. Everyone oughts ta get 'em somethin' like this here mower i gots. Here is a photygraph of my mower."

FrankenScagMachines
07-16-2002, 05:07 PM
is that good enough for one to laugh at Jim? Really that's my new mower for next year. It'll look like new and hopefully run about that good too. Then I will put it in Turf :D As of now, my current equipment they really would laugh at, a '89 rear engine rider. But just look at it's cut :D yep that's from a rear engine rider. beleive or not.
Eric

brucec32
07-23-2002, 01:35 AM
Can you let me know what you're looking for in terms of content, length, etc? I'll give it a try. I wrote some reviews online for Epinions.com and made some good bucks over the last few years. I don't mind getting paid to spout off.

cos
07-23-2002, 05:43 AM
Can you say, "Wusty mowa"?

65hoss
07-23-2002, 09:07 AM
Hey Jim,
Sorry about you being sick and not making it to the expo. One of the girls put my name on a list. Guess there were several people that stopped by asking for you.

JasperStorm
07-23-2002, 09:15 AM
Is this the column where I'm supposed to brag about how many wheelbarrows and hula hoes I own, and claim next year's sales will hit $1.2 million, up from this year's $310,000?

MoyerLawnCare
07-23-2002, 03:39 PM
Is there an email addy we can send our info. too for the article?? Let me know how and where too send and I'll get you an article.

JimK
07-29-2002, 12:36 PM
Sorry for the slow response. Been dealing with an eye problem for a couple of weeks (and I haven't been able to use the dang computer).

Basically this: I'm looking for a brief profile of you, your company, what you do --- and one or more pieces of your equipment -- what you do with it, how you like it (or hate it) what improvements might make it beter ... maybe why it already is better than other gear you've used. Thanks.

The words can be e-mailed to me at jkendrick@turfmagazine.com -- digital photos too if you have them.

Other photos and stuff can be sent to me at TURF, att: Jim, PO Box 449, St. Johnsbury, VT 05819

Thanks again folks. I'm bummed that I missed you at EXPO.

jeffex
07-30-2002, 07:29 AM
still no $50 check. I e-mailed my address 2112 cottage hill ct eldersburg md 21784 2wks ago.