PDA

View Full Version : brown patch diagnosis

wahlturfcare
05-21-2010, 08:40 AM
my parents yard just developed this browning on the front of their yard last week in weird patterns as it does circles around 1 of the iris'. I havent put any chemicals or anything down or anyone else i know has.

To me, it looks like someone poured something on it.

Any ideas?

RAlmaroad
05-21-2010, 09:06 AM
That certainly looks like it has been sprayed. Could this be a possible county road?

ICT Bill
05-21-2010, 09:49 AM
Think snow and snow removal and what they use to melt the snow

RAlmaroad
05-21-2010, 12:05 PM
The lighter scorched ring around the iris (Upper Left of Photo) almost rules out the snow plow throwing chloride onto the bank. Could you take another photo of a small piece of the grass looking into the thatch area. Check the roots. Are they black, white, grey, dry slimmy. Do they show any sign of life with green centers or brittle. It is almost impossible to tell what is going on without some more photos.

tdkx
05-22-2010, 12:19 AM
"Think snow and snow removal and what they use to melt the snow"

This is definitely not brown patch. Looks like salt damage.

RigglePLC
05-22-2010, 09:14 AM
Human caused injury. Note the perfect circle around iris on the left. Note also the darker green around the edges. If I were to guess--I would say Miracle Grow Garden Feeder--this could be fert burn. Note how the spray goes from drive to iris and stops with a rounded pattern at the top. Each spray pattern is about 3 feet wide. Maybe they used too much hose pressure. Weeds not dying--so no herbicide.

I took a video of my young neighbor spraying her lawn with a hose end sprayer. No personal protective equipment. Very irregular application. I checked two days later--no sign of weeds dying.