PDA

View Full Version : Rental Contract Help

micromike
07-12-2002, 07:21 PM
I have the chance to buy a Bobcat 7753 in very good shape (privately owned and used little) at an excellent price. I'll only need it about two days per week. I've talked to a buddy who thinks I wouldn't have any problems renting it out to contractors to bring in some extra income.

Does anyone know where I can get some samples of Rental Contracts? Do any of you guys rent out your equipment? Any idea what a fair price would be? The local rental center rents them for I think about $150.00 a day. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Mike

southside
07-13-2002, 12:26 AM
My biggest concern would be,what sort of punishment and abuse
would your machine receive at the hands of other contractors and their employees?

Lanelle
07-13-2002, 07:01 AM
I agree with southside. Provide an operator with the machine and then you really make money and can hold him responsible for the way the machine is treated. Also, I would think that the liability insurance for doing it the other way would be very high since a novice could really hurt themselves.

cat320
07-13-2002, 07:38 AM
I agree supply and operator ith the machine and rent it out for $50-60 and hour with a 4 hour min.Most people would rather do it that way for convinece,pluse your machine won't be beat on by others and your profits going into reapairs.Put and add in for home owners papers .also if you need to use your truck for delivery charge that to.Also the bobcat dealer around here gets $200 a day for just the machine more if you get a biger machine or atachments.

Bob Minney
07-13-2002, 09:45 AM
My RentX catalog lists Bobcats

Mini 120 1/2 day 160 day
other 2 sizes are listed by weight if that means anything to you
1500Lb skidsteer 135 1/2 day 180 day
2600ld " " 169 1/2 day 225 day

Delivery extra

Like everyone else is advising - supply the operator, seems the better way to go.