PDA

View Full Version : Scag V-ride prices?

Pflat1
05-22-2010, 08:01 PM
Im near pittsburgh and the local Scag dealer has a V-ride 48in for $8500 , thats seems kinda high (like the rest of his prices) from what Im seeing when I search the forms here. Anyone here seeing lower pricing within 2-2.5 hrs of Pittsburgh ?

Thanks

djagusch
05-22-2010, 10:51 PM
WI/MN border I paid $7300 cash out the door for the same mower. Another dealer in the area is advertising $7399 on craigslist. Seems a bit high are they getting it from the pace distributor?

P.Services
05-22-2010, 11:21 PM
i paid around 7,400 for my 26hp 52" tell that dealer to match the price or i would go to another state to get it. Heck call scag direct and tell them, that much of a price difference is not right.

jhole19
05-23-2010, 12:27 AM
I paid $6100+ tax for the 52" V-Ride at Mayo Garden Center in Knoxville, TN. The regular price there is 7200 but if you mow for a non-profit they cut you a great deal on any Scag mower. I have had it for a week now and absolutely love it. Obviously Knoxville is not in your backdoor but I figured I would post the price just for general comparison.

nepatsfan
05-23-2010, 12:43 AM
so far picasso overpayed the most. Any more suckers?

P.Services
05-23-2010, 01:29 AM
I paid 400 over invoice so I know ididnt over pay. I beat every dealer up for weeks. I could be wrong because I don't really remember. I will have to find the receip
Posted via Mobile Device

nepatsfan
05-23-2010, 06:57 AM
Its not the deal you got, its the deal you THINK you got.

Pflat1
05-23-2010, 09:42 AM

You have replyed twice but didnt answer the question that was asked so Dont come on here starting a pissing contest..

Pflat1
05-23-2010, 09:46 AM
I paid $6100+ tax for the 52" V-Ride at Mayo Garden Center in Knoxville, TN. The regular price there is 7200 but if you mow for a non-profit they cut you a great deal on any Scag mower. I have had it for a week now and absolutely love it. Obviously Knoxville is not in your backdoor but I figured I would post the price just for general comparison.

$6100 sounds nice!!!

Thanks for the reply

E & J Pro Turf
05-23-2010, 09:52 AM
They are getting $ 7,400.00 for the 52/26 in this area. I have a friend that just picked one up. All I can say is wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a machine.

Very nice unit.

Pflat1
05-23-2010, 07:35 PM
They are getting $ 7,400.00 for the 52/26 in this area. I have a friend that just picked one up. All I can say is wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a machine.

Very nice unit.

What area are you in?

P.Services
05-23-2010, 11:53 PM

And what did you pay big shooter? I own one and you just run your suck
Posted via Mobile Device

Pflat1
05-25-2010, 09:05 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

E & J Pro Turf
05-25-2010, 09:34 AM
PLAT1

I'm in Kansas City and the Dealer also sells Wright Standers.

Pflat1
05-26-2010, 06:31 PM
http://www.sohars.com/scag/stand-on-mowers/

I came across this site ,their 56in is a much better price than the 48in in my area and its less than 1.5 hrs away

Cutter1
05-27-2010, 04:14 PM
New Alexandria tractor supply. Out route 22 towards indiana, pa. I was there the other day, never bought a mower from them, but they are real nice. About 20 minutes to half hour east of monroeville.

E & J Pro Turf
05-28-2010, 11:21 AM
http://www.smittyslg.com/pages/customcatalogs/viewproductdetail/1346/3565/7458/29920/1/0/1/scag-power-equipment-vride-standon-lawn-mower.aspx

capnsac
05-29-2010, 11:20 PM
I have both the 48 and 52

48/24 - $6700 OTD
52/26 - $6800 + 7% sales tax

capnsac
05-29-2010, 11:21 PM
P.S. These machines are everything they are touted to be, and then some. The horsepower is amazing coupled with the velocity deck. These things are a productive powerhouse!

coxslawncare
05-30-2010, 11:31 PM
Love mine and worth every penny so far, with tax it was 7400 and change

P.Services
05-30-2010, 11:35 PM
they need a 61 with a 35 on it

capnsac
06-02-2010, 08:22 PM
they need a 61 with a 35 on it

bwahaha, moreeeeeeeeeee powerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

GreenGuysNC
06-20-2010, 01:27 AM
I paid 7,300 after tax for 48/24. What an awesome machine.

TGG2008
01-06-2011, 01:42 AM
Anyone heard pricing on the 61/29 yet? Also, what does the Scag soft bagger typically go for?

Puddle of Oil
01-06-2011, 02:29 AM
Anyone heard pricing on the 61/29 yet? Also, what does the Scag soft bagger typically go for?

the bagger in my area is $390. http://www.sohars.com/scag/accessories/grass-catchers/

im curious for the 61'' price as well.

gasracer
01-06-2011, 09:52 AM
My dealer had the 48" for about $6,200 last fall plus tax. I haven't heard when they are going to release the 61"

djagusch
01-06-2011, 10:00 AM

I bought the bagger w/ my 48". Ill sell it just pm me. Imo there is better systems out there.
Posted via Mobile Device

dougdm
01-06-2011, 10:10 AM
I see that the foot rest will fold up and out of the way, but are you able to walk behind and operate this machine? I hear all of the great stuff about this unit, but I am torn between the grand, vride and the deere stand ons. looking this fall to purchase.

Thanks
D

djagusch
01-06-2011, 10:26 AM
I see that the foot rest will fold up and out of the way, but are you able to walk behind and operate this machine? I hear all of the great stuff about this unit, but I am torn between the grand, vride and the deere stand ons. looking this fall to purchase.

Thanks
D
In a nut shell no, you can not walk behind it. I have put one foot down and another on the platform for a short period of time but that is it. I know a couple gs owners and in wb mode the lack of operator weight makes it slide on hills.
Posted via Mobile Device

gasracer
01-06-2011, 10:27 AM
You can't walk behind the V-Ride. It has a safety switch on the platform. the small extension on the back is all that folds in.
The issue I have with the Grandstands is you stand so far back it makes the front end light. You can fold up the platform and walk behind them. You better be tall to reach the controls from the ground.
The new John Deer is just a re branded Great Dane stander.

Jimslawncareservice
01-06-2011, 10:53 AM
i am sure i will be purchasing a vride within a few days for a couple reasons. the main reason is the engines. those fs engines on the toro/exmark imo wont last as long and wont be as trouble free as the fx thats on the vride.

i will be relooking at toro/exmark soon just to rule them out. i am 6'0 and around 200lbs. when i stand on the back them they seem light in the front. i was told to put a weight kit it, but it make the mower nose dive going down a hill.

another reason for me is lack of dealer support for both brands. plus imo the scag is one tough mower.

djagusch
01-06-2011, 11:29 AM
another reason for me is lack of dealer support for both brands. plus imo the scag is one tough mower.

You got 2 dealers within an hr away I believe. If I remember right your from albert lea, owatonna area. Pace reps scag mowers and snoway plows. I know the pace rep has a good snoway dealer in that area. They might be able to bring in a scag mower and help with parts etc.

On my vride when I bought it I got a extra set of belts for the truck and already have extra spindles in the truck. First year I had zero issues. Just buy some spares and if you need it take the old one to replace the spare.

Who are you getting the mower from? Arrow or mn maintence? Jeff the pace rep is at the mn green expo as we type.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jimslawncareservice
01-06-2011, 12:02 PM
You got 2 dealers within an hr away I believe. If I remember right your from albert lea, owatonna area. Pace reps scag mowers and snoway plows. I know the pace rep has a good snoway dealer in that area. They might be able to bring in a scag mower and help with parts etc.

On my vride when I bought it I got a extra set of belts for the truck and already have extra spindles in the truck. First year I had zero issues. Just buy some spares and if you need it take the old one to replace the spare.

Who are you getting the mower from? Arrow or mn maintence? Jeff the pace rep is at the mn green expo as we type.
Posted via Mobile Device

I think you misunderstood me. i am leaning towards scag due to lack of support from toro/ exmark. i have a exmark i deal with from hastings but it is a pain to get up there. I got a price from elite fork lift and from nicolai in hampton who is cheaper on a 36'' and close on the 52''. i will be going to the expo tomorrow quick to check a few things out. i will be talking to mn maint as well. I know jeff. He brought me turf tiger and wright stander in 08 to try.

I have dealer that is closer but way over priced for what he sells. what type of bagger are you going to use instead of the scag side bagger?

djagusch
01-06-2011, 12:48 PM
Ill be at the expo tomorrow for the recert and a quick walk through (and to give jeff shat). Ask him about fleet pricing I doubt 2 vrides would be enough but the discount might temp you to look at a new rider or something else.

As for the side bagger it is not a quick on/off. It leaves the plate on with two bolts not a big deal but not for me. If it sells ill get a accelrator or grass gobler to have on the truck for in case situations. For fall clean ups I'm going to get a piggybackvac for it. Jeff knows the guy that builds these also.

If you have not seen the cheetah look at it. I used it for 2hrs and it is the mower to have imo. I'm debating buying one of those or a 61" vride.

On another note I do have a 61 tt or a 48 trimstar we have spoke about in the past. But I wouldn't blame you to buy the new scags.
Posted via Mobile Device

djagusch
01-06-2011, 12:50 PM
Also I never get the right feel when I stop by elite. The hampton place is small but would give good service. Mn maintenance has evrything in stock for parts which is nice. Talk to rich tomorrow (the owner) and see how you get along.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jimslawncareservice
01-06-2011, 01:12 PM
i have talked to rich before. i would like to buy new because i would finance it for a few months then in the spring time i have some mowers and other stuff to sell. I thought about the trimstar before looking in the vride, but i think a stander mower is a better fit. any idea of that piggy back bagger would cost? are you going to get a belt driven scag blower for it?

i had a turf tiger i used one season and sold it. it was a 25/61 which lacked power with the bagger.i only had a few problems with the mower which was from the original owners neglect. I am looking for a light weight machine. i just hate seeing guys on 1k props using a 60 diesel mower. I want to go punch them in the nose.

djagusch
01-06-2011, 01:45 PM
I was going to try the bp blower kind first but go to the scag blower if need be. I think they are under 2k. To me the cost doesn't matter much if it does the job.

For the weight thing thag is why I'm thinking of the 61" vride less weight and shorter. Only thing I dislike is the bagging systems. You still will need a rider to do the big leaf jobs.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jimslawncareservice
01-06-2011, 02:54 PM
there was a guy on this site or another that had the deere quick tracs. he used thiere tripple bagger and power flow. if i remember he had 3 of them and he was from canada. i wonder how well a system like that would work? I just may keep a mulch kit on it and use a rider with a bagger system it.

djagusch
01-06-2011, 03:02 PM
I don't mulch anything as in the wet it makes more of a mess than anything.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jimslawncareservice
01-06-2011, 04:41 PM
when i had my lazer hp it did great mulching. i used high lifts and gator. the mulch blades it came with were a joke. it looked like some one cut with 3 21 mower side by side at different heights. i have plenty of other mowers to cut with if its that wet. not sure though, my residentials are so tight