PDA

View Full Version : home owners associations

Turf Ranger
07-12-2002, 09:35 PM
i just got a question about hoa. how do you come about getting these? i have looked for numbers with no luck... and there isnt like an office... but anyways, how do you pick up these accounts? thanks

Bunton Guy
07-12-2002, 09:43 PM
Get some accounts in that neighborhood and do a really nice job...ask the home owner who to contact seing that they have to pay $$ a year to be a member and they should know.

WatkinsLawn
07-12-2002, 09:46 PM
Most Home Owner Associations around here are mananged by a property management company. These can be located in the phone book. Those that are not managed can be solicited through direct mail to all of the home owners so your sure to reach the board members or distribute fliers. Also, you could simply ask one of the owners for the name and adress of the association president.

Bob Minney
07-13-2002, 01:08 AM
Ask at sales office.

If its an older development with out a sales office, find a for sale prop. and ask the RE agent.

Stop by neighborhood and ask someone.

Brickman
07-13-2002, 01:29 AM
All of mine called me. Most of the time they will be willing to pay a higher rate as long as you will do GOOD work. That has been my experience with HOAs. I have 2 that pay good, and expect a good job.
I have done some sprinkler repair for one that is getting their mowing done for less than half of what I would charge. But then the trimming is only done when ever, and such. Bottom line on this one is that I do not work for them any more. They had very low pressure in the system causing dry spots. The only way they would agree to fixing the problem was to add more heads. I was unable to convince them that would make things worse. So when I refused to add to their problems, and they refused to listen to reason we parted ways.