PDA

View Full Version : Changing the transmission fluid on my Trimstar and getting MAD!!

maelawncare
05-23-2010, 08:24 PM
Oh i am really upset with Hustler right now. For one, you guys did not include any information on how to change the fluid on the transmissions. And for two, it took 2 weeks to actually get the info from you guys. And for three, that was incorrect!

Theres also no information on how to adjust the tracking of the mower. But that will be ANOTHER thread.

I got the filters off and drained and the new ones put on. I was told that each one takes 2 qts of oil. So 4 qts total. I was told the only way to fill it up was through the overflow bottle. Ok no problem. So i get 1 qt in and start putting in the second. Only half of the second went in. And thats where it sat. My dealer told me to pull the pins and and run it on low idle forward and reverse a few times. Still nothing. Theres only 1.5qts in both and no more will go in.

So care to finally explain how to do this?

mowerconsultant
05-24-2010, 12:31 PM
I am sorry your mad.
Please email me and I will email you back the Hydro Gear service manual that shows the exact procedure.
There is a vent plug you need to remove to allow venting, so you can properly fill the units.
The manual also shows the purging procedures.

Pj