PDA

View Full Version : Roll-off dumpsters

michael bucher
07-13-2002, 01:03 AM
I was wondering if anyone has knowledge of a Roll-Off dumpster that was once advertised in the back of Turf magazine, that could be pulled around behind a truck? I would really like to get into the dumpster business as an extra service to have available to offer the contractors that I work with. I realize that to do it right, it will take some good research first, so if any one has any info I would really appreciate hearing from you.

cat320
07-13-2002, 08:28 AM
I looked into doing that getting the tow behind but i really found it to be to much money for the set up.If i was to do it I would get a medium sized truck 25K gvw and get the hok lift system.Then all your stuff like the engine and hydraulics are stronger to lift more weight than what those trailer ones will do plus you would have more manuverability.I saw one called burns and another that I saw was made by wright trailer in seekonk,ma 508-336-8530.

michael bucher
07-13-2002, 10:11 AM
Thanks for the info. In your opinion, what do you think a ballpark price would be for getting set up with a truck and dumpster? Do you remember how much they were asking for that pull behind dumpster? Sounds though like that's not the way to go.

cat320
07-14-2002, 09:15 AM
I was on write trailers page and they show one and price was around $9400 and a hook lift sytem for the truck is $14-15K then with each you have to get bodies for them but In my thinking the truck would be easier to handle.I think that steller hook lift is out your way and they have demo and used units for sale .Go to there web site I think it's www.stellar-industries.com .