PDA

View Full Version : A sad, sad day or maybe not?

columbiaplower
07-13-2002, 12:50 AM
Ok doing a clearing job with a bobcat loader with a grappler. Alot of brush. One of my guys was using a FS85 with a brushblade. I was running the bobcat and was sitting next to barn/shed we were clearing around. The guys were loading some old bricks into the bucket. I got a phone call and talk for a shot time. When they filled the bucket. I started the loader to take it to the dumpster. Backed up not 2 feet and heard a crunch turnd off the bobcat and got out. went around behind see the FS85 laying on the ground........in two pieces. The engine was not attached to the shaft any longer. I was very upset. But after i looked at it i think just the plastic housing is broken. Gonna take it to the shop to see if they can fix it. Well see
-Nick :confused:

scagman
07-13-2002, 01:04 AM
I am very sorry to hear of your loss, you have my deepest condolences.

1grnlwn
07-13-2002, 01:46 AM
I tell the people that work for me if you set it down set it in the trimmer rack/ They don't listen, Who is stupid?

Mark

65hoss
07-13-2002, 05:14 AM
Where can we send flowers to?

Seriously, it may be able to be fixed pretty easily. Saw a guy run over one the other day. He picked it up shaking his head and pulled the cord one time and it cranked and ran like normal.

JJ Lawn
07-13-2002, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by columbiaplower
Ok doing a clearing job with a bobcat loader with a grappler. Alot of brush. I got a phone call and talk for a shot time. When they filled the bucket. I started the loader to take it to the dumpster.

Don't ya just hate it when, folks sitting at a stop light, are talking on the phone not paying attention of whats going on around them? :) :)

Jim

awm
07-13-2002, 11:59 AM
ill never forget backing into the dump
back when homelite was a good saw.
ran over 3 saws layin right in the trash.
their trucks rite beside me.
im getting ready to pay for my sins,
when their forman lays into them an dont say a wd to me. some days u just get lucky.:)

columbiaplower
07-13-2002, 06:35 PM
well couldnt save the poor thing, but did buy a new FS85 today, paid $260!!!!!! wich proves it pays to be loyal to a dealer. but it wasent the same as getting a new toy.............it just didnt feel right.

agrostis palustris
07-13-2002, 07:05 PM
Sorry to hear about your bad day. I can certainly relate. In the past 48 hrs I have totalled my boots in a way which the red-wing dealer said he has never seen before, had a plant stolen, had a saw chain fly off the bar when I was 30 - 40 feet up in a maple tree, my back is hurting me from removing 3 arbs today which were over a house, had somebody ask me to go and look at 2 jobs 1/2 hr north of me, get there and am told I better do it for free, I am now 3 days behind where I need to be in my schedule, and then there is some other BS stuff to deal with on top of this. At least I can say that I got some new boots for $230 + tax, and got a small tree job out of it.

LAWNGODFATHER
07-13-2002, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by 1grnlwn
if you set it down, set it in the trimmer rack

Or by the persons feet who is using it, if you move it moves with you.

Otherwise when it is a rest it is a rest in the trimmer rack.

I have saved major amounts of money by enforcing this rule.

JJ Lawn Good One!!!!!!;)

Well I guess one of your guys just got a pay deduction huh.

PrimeGreen Lawn
07-13-2002, 08:31 PM
Since you're on the subject, try out this one.

I went on vacation for a few days last week. One of my employees who has his own truck voluntered to take a mower, trimmer, edger, and blower all owned by me on his trailer and do some work so I'm not behind on the picky accounts. The problem is that he left his trailer on a roadside of a community association for 20 minutes unattended with my equipment inside. He returned to find that 2 trimmers (Echo SRM 260's) had been stolen! I can't believe he was stupid enough to leave that equip. out of sight for ANYTIME....I fired him 2 days ago after making him replace the trimmers. Now he says he's talking to his lawyer. What are your thoughts? BYW, another employee, VERY trustworthy gave me the details.

Scott

HarryD
07-13-2002, 08:41 PM
it could have been worse you could have backed over one of your employees :eek:

Lbilawncare
07-13-2002, 09:47 PM
Scott- I mean no offense, but I don't think you should have fired that employee. Granted I don't know the whole situation, there could have been other things he did wrong. We don't keep a constant eye on our trailers at all times, and nothing ever gets stolen. It was probably a fluke, that is what insurance is for. Sorry for your bad luck. As the old saying goes, if you want it done right, do it yourself (aka- don't go on vacation unless all of the work is done)

yardboyltd
07-14-2002, 02:17 AM
At first I thought this was heading towards a dead animal with mention of brushcutters... and for some reason I kept think'n gopher... idk. Yea I busted the trigger on my shindy today... darn I'll have to buy another one and get the other trigger fixed...