PDA

View Full Version : ZTR/Rider guys

MikeLT1Z28
07-13-2002, 01:43 AM
if you went from a WB as your daily machine to any kind of rider, what kind of increases did you see in productivity? i'm wondering what going from a 36 and 48 to a 52 would do as far as efficiency goes. most of my customers are wide open so the metro would serve as my behind the gate mower. how much time did this free up to be able to take on more customers?

Richard Martin
07-13-2002, 06:22 AM
I went from a 50" Gravely gear and 36" Exmark to a 60" Dixie and the 36" Exmark. Before I had around 32/33 customers and had a helper on Fridays. Now the helper is gone and I have 42 customers and I am very selectively adding high profit jobs. It has made a huge difference.

Shady Brook
07-13-2002, 08:32 AM
I would think you could double your productivity if not more. You will not be as tired in the eve either. I used to mow around 50-55 lawns with 36 walkbehind, and some were good sized. Next week, thanks to "worthless employment", I get to mow about 125 by myself with a 52 ztr. I will have to work more hours then I did to do the 50 or so, but I will get them done.

I would never go back to a walkbehind, the difference is imense, and there is no comparison production wise between any walkbehind and a decent rider in my opinion.

Jay

dmk395
07-13-2002, 09:06 AM
When the grass is not real high, my 52 wright stander can outcut my 2 exmark 48 walkbehinds.

AltaLawnCare
07-14-2002, 10:56 AM
I went from a 52" Toro Gear drive to a 60" Lazer.

I've seen 20% to 30% improvements in my production times. The Lazer is soo much more manuverable, and easy to use...it makes mowing fun!

The larger the property, the more the savings. There are soo many small improvements other than just the added cutting width...
The Lazer trailers (loads and especially unloads) much more easily.
The Lazer is much more easy (and faster) to service.
I'm not tired from mowing, when I start trimming.
The Lazer holds much more fuel.
The Lazer is quieter, and doesn't blow hot fumes in your face all the time.
The Lazer doesn't beat you to death.

And mowing hillsides are now fun! Anyone who has ever four-wheeled knows what I mean! :D

I'll probably never own another walk behind,.....
unless I find a used 48" , really, really cheap.
;)

Jimbo
07-14-2002, 11:32 PM
I have a 36" WB, and a 52"ZTR. I started to take the ZTR on the properties that the 36" WB was used on; and here are some time differences.

On one "standard" property I reduced a two hour job down to 1-1/2 hours.

On a rough field (for sale property) which is about 4 acres, I went from 4-1/2 hours to 2 hours.

The main thing is that I am not tired when I am finished the day. Before the Z I was totally beat up and exhausted.

Hope that helps.