PDA

View Full Version : Mother Nature Hates Us!

BRIMOW525
07-13-2002, 08:59 AM
Mother nature must realy hate the lawn care industry. In my area, unless u have irrigation...ur lawn is DEAD! not a good year for grass. PLUS she wasn't too nice for snow this year either! I hope it gets better. We still have plenty to do but ... I hate looking at brown lawns that stab your foot when u walk on them.

Mack
07-13-2002, 09:11 AM
I hear you, here in Ohio is the same. We need rain and the forcast is for 90's next week with no rain.

Brickman
07-13-2002, 04:17 PM
Many places here in the west are going into the third or fourth year of drought. Even in a good year here if you do not water you have no lawn. We don't get more than 13 inches of rain a year average.

One reason among many that I am selling my biz is that with the dry there will soon be no water, no water means no lawns to mow, no lawns to mow means no money. I took the certification for wild land fire fighting and hope to get some of that in soon. What a trade, lawn care for wild land fires.

awm
07-13-2002, 05:35 PM
mother been getting therapy.
think her therapist told her not hide her feelins. also to quit trying to please everybody.
what ever ,she shore givin us h---
aint she. heck what worries me is
this lady may be just gettin started.
oh well just try to bend an not break.

BRIMOW525
07-14-2002, 10:30 AM
got a surprise this morning.. it rained! a little anyway. some is better than none

dr grass
07-14-2002, 01:03 PM
Very little rain here in the past few weelks also. We're doing good though regardless. Its important to have a plan B, or a "back up plan" if you will. We offer many other services besides just lawn maintenance, and right now we are scheduling alot of these extras to keep the money rolling in. We do anything this time of year from thatching to hedge trimming, to landscaping and tree work. Brickman, dont give up so easily. Just have a good plan for keeping the money flowing in during the dry months. I mean why not, we get a few months off in the winter to relax anyway ... lol

Shep :blob2: