PDA

View Full Version : Uniforms for solo part time LCO's?

We do 4 U
07-13-2002, 05:04 PM
Do any off you solo part time guys or gals wear uniforms and if so do they help? I currently wear dicke shorts and a tee-shirt, no wife beaters ar cut offs. I was wanting to know if I should invest $ into them.

LAWNS AND MOWER
07-13-2002, 05:13 PM
I'm solo but full-time. Either way, company shirts are a must. Your customers will feel more comfortable when you show up looking professional. When you give estimates to potential customers, company shirts go a long way in presenting yourself and your business. I paid $120 for 12 tee shirts and 2 hooded sweatshirts.

LAWNS AND MOWER

Ssouth
07-13-2002, 09:26 PM
Now, I'm pretty much solo again. I think uniforms are a must. Even if don't have them printed, try to wear the same color shirt and shorts or pants all the time. When I first started I didn't have enough money to have shirts printed so I just went out and bought about five t-shirts the same color. Also, their is a place that will embroider (sp) my company name on shirts for $7. I bought several nice button down shirts and had my name put on them. They also do hats for $7. These nicer shirts come in handy for estimates or meetings with potential clients. Hope some of my rambling may help you.

brentsawyer
07-14-2002, 10:16 AM
I have a place that embroideries and supplies my T-shirts for $6.20 ea/ and these are great shirts, Jerzees. My Polo style shirts cost about $19-20 ea/ embroidered and very nice pull overs are $45. I wouldn't consider that much of a cost for anyone so I have 26 t-shirts 4 polo shirts that I always have clean and can always give away to people for advertising.

Bob Minney
07-14-2002, 10:50 AM
Not a part timmer but I feel the $ for shirts & caps are good advertising for anybody.

Check this site- you can get shirts done 1 at a time -$4 to embroider. I think the hats are 3ea minimum. Anyway you can get set up w/o a big $ outlay.

www.weargaurd.com

Doc Pete
07-14-2002, 11:05 AM
I'm solo and get my shirts from Wearguard. http://www.wearguard.com
They do the printing. The shirts are priced well, different colors are available, and they are generously long and don't shrink up.
Pete

SLS
07-14-2002, 11:18 AM
Yep, I'm solo and have a clothing scheme that I always wear in the field...not particularly a "co. uniform"...bit serves the same purpose.

BDU pants (LOVE those cargo pockets!), tan button-down shirts, steel-toe work boots, and a big straw hat.

My customers usually do not recognize me when I'm in 'civilian' attire. :D

I do like the idea of having the name of my business embroidered on the shirts...I need to do this.

sgtgm5
07-14-2002, 02:31 PM
Shirts are a must and be worn all the time. No wife beaters and no bare skin. I have a choice of three ,Sleveless, tank top, and regular. I cant say how unprofessionial it looks when three guys come to a job and nothing looks like there a plan in action. My two cents,,,,, Gabe:D

Lawn Wizard
07-14-2002, 11:17 PM
Im with SLS. Gotta have the cargo pants! I also wear a plaid button down shirt in green and brown colours, that makes it look somewhat nicer than the wifebeaters Ts.

I am going to upgrade to more of a company shirt, but just a tan button down workshirt with Company info on it.

KDLAWN
07-16-2002, 02:17 PM
here is what I wear ... cargo shorts, they have plenty of pockets and are comfitable. bright YELLOW or a bright orange. If someone is going to hit me , they are not going to be able to say "" WELL, I DIDN'T SEE HIM"""

ANY WAY IT DOES GIVE A PRO LOOK, AND APPERANCE IS HALF THE BATTLE IN GETTING THE LAWNS YOU WANT...

The Mowerdude
07-17-2002, 02:46 AM
I think it's important to look consistent. Even if you're not wearing a uniform, wear the same thing everytime. That way when the customers hears a mower, and they look out the window, you'll have their instant recognition. That goes for your customer's neighbors too. For them, it's subcontiously comforting to know that it's you out there and not some child stalking perv.