PDA

View Full Version : Paver Warranty

Pelican
07-13-2002, 06:56 PM
I just inspected a call back on a job I did last season. Apparently there was a bad batch of concrete used on these bricks, there are holes developing in nearly half of the bricks, one large enough to drop a golf ball in. My sales rep will inspect this coming week, I expect they will provide new pavers.

My question is should I expect any compensation from the manufacturer for my time to replace the sidewalk? I offer a 3 year warranty on my installation, but this is a manufacturing defect. The manufacturer's warranty specifies they do not cover labor costs and this is the first call of this type I've had. I'll stand behind my job either way, but I'm not looking forward to eating 2 days labor if I can help it.

Has anyone else been in this position?

Stonehenge
07-13-2002, 07:09 PM
I never have, but I've heard of those who have. In those cases, the re-install was paid for by the mfg. How well they stand behind their product will depend on the mfg, and it also may depend on the volume of biz you do (though it shouldn't).

ipm
07-13-2002, 07:14 PM
Most definatley. You need to charge taking it out and re-installing it. (Back-charge).:angry:

SCAPEASAURUSREX
07-14-2002, 12:09 PM
I had a similar problem with the pavers developeing "POT HOLES " after only a few months... Fortunatly there were only like 20 or 30 that had to be replaced out of 400 square feet.. But I have noticed it on a few jobs with the same brand of pavers.. Needless to say I will not use them again... I had to eat both the pavers and the labor... But it was only a few hours .. Ughhh...

kris
07-14-2002, 12:43 PM
We have had it happen ... they would not cover labor.

paul
07-14-2002, 01:04 PM
A lot of this depends on the manufacture and the # of bad pavers.

One job we had with clay pavers, the manufacture replaced the brick and paid for the labor at going rate, while another just replaced the product.