PDA

View Full Version : Heat shield on Fastrack 20/52

hdcab
05-25-2010, 11:10 PM
I heard a vibrating noise during mowing the other day. It seems the heat shield around the muffler has come loose. It is spinning and causing the noise. Should the shield just be removed or fixed? I could not tell by a quick glance if this is bolted on or welded. Will warranty cover this? It is a 2006 bought new with 0 hours in 2009.
Also, with 80 hrs on this mower, should I do a hydro oil and filter change on this mower? Not many hours, but four years old. I feel like I could do the change myself, but need more detailed instructions than in the manual, do you have any links or other instructions for the change and part #s I would need?

Fastrack 20/52 Kohler
S/N 06052521
model# 927459

mowerconsultant
05-26-2010, 04:20 PM
I would suggest having it repaired, not removed.
If you bought the mower in 2009 it is still under warranty.
The hydro filters and fluid aren't due to be changed yet, but you can change em if you like, we recommend changing them every 2 years or 200 hours, whichever comes first.
Its a pretty straight forward process, it is detailed in the rear of your parts manual.
Here is a link to your parts manual > http://www.hustlerturf.com/images/product_manuals/365262_0407.PDF

Pj