PDA

View Full Version : W.E.Chapps Trimmer Boot Cover

script
07-13-2002, 08:08 PM
Have a Trimmer Trap for my equipment, and was looking into the trimmer boot cover from W.E. Chapps. I was wondering if anyone uses this product to protect their equipment from that unexpected rain shower. Usually if I get caught, I throw some plastic bags over the equipment with some bunge cords until I get out of the rain. I was wondering if it really makes a difference wether or not if it has no liner, a cotton liner, or a heat liner. I have not had any problems with the plastic bags melting on the equipment and was trying to justify the cost between the different liners. No liner 36.95 cotton liner 44.95 heat liner 79.95
Thanks . Bobby

TFL
07-13-2002, 10:07 PM
Go to their forum and you can get info from a factory rep

script
07-13-2002, 11:07 PM
Thanks Jeremy, that was my bad, I usually log in and come straight to the comercial forum. Wasn't thinking.
Bobby

wxmn6
07-14-2002, 01:18 PM
For now I am using those plastic grocery bag as a shelter for my trimmer. One day I got caught in middle of heavy downpour after running the trimmer for at least 15 minutes. When I was done I put my trimmer back on the rack and placed the plastic bag over the trimmer engine head and use the loop handles on the bag as a tie down. Works well for me and didn't melt the bag at all. Just don't wrap the bag tight, let the bag be loose but secure. I really should not be doing this but it is the only way I could protect my $300 equipment at that time. I know that this is not the best method but I am giving some thought about buying a cover from W.E. Chapps.