PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Edging - Is it Worth It

traderfjp
05-26-2010, 01:30 AM
I'd like to use plastic Beast Edging for a Patio. It would save lots of time. I've laid my base with an extra 6-8" on each side. I live in the Northeast where we get lots of extreme temps. Will plastic edge restraints hold up or should I just use old fashion cement?

BrandonV
05-26-2010, 07:33 PM
I'll ask you this first... if you were to use the cement how will you use it? ie depth? thickness?

traderfjp
05-26-2010, 07:36 PM
My plan for the cement is to make a footing 4-5" to hold back the paver. I know this guy who goes to a lot of training and he believes that cement is old school and that the plastic edging is the way to go.

Rex Mann
05-26-2010, 07:54 PM
Plastic edging is the most widely used paver edge restraint out there. Just be sure to install it properly. The shoulder of base is a great start. Next, pull your inch of sand off the base and place your restraint on the base. Make sure it is flat on the base and perpendicular to the paver when you nail it in. No problems.

Peace,

Rex

http://PaversInstalled.Com

nepatsfan
05-26-2010, 07:58 PM
I'd like to use plastic Beast Edging for a Patio. It would save lots of time. I've laid my base with an extra 6-8" on each side. I live in the Northeast where we get lots of extreme temps. Will plastic edge restraints hold up or should I just use old fashion cement?

That stuff works great. Thats all we use. Never had a problem.

traderfjp
05-26-2010, 11:25 PM
Good to know. Thanks for the replies.