PDA

View Full Version : Lost my helper (my daughter)..

Lawn-Scapes
07-14-2002, 01:09 AM
My daughter had a softball tournament today and in the last inning of the third game she broke her leg (both the fibula & tibia just above the ankle) :eek: sliding into home plate. I have never heard screams sooo loud before.

My poor sweet baby.. :cry: Darn freak accident. Wish it were me!!

Lawn-Scapes
07-14-2002, 01:12 AM
Forgot..

She just started working with me last week and was doing great on the mower. I was looking forward to us being together a couple days a week :(

SLS
07-14-2002, 01:19 AM
OWWWW!!! That hurts just reading about it! :cry:

I hope her recovery is swift, Tom.

I know that seeing your daughter hurt like that is rough enough...but dang, she is a good helper too! ARRRGGGHHHH!!!

Brickman
07-14-2002, 02:30 AM
Dang man, my whole leg hurts to think about it. From the fire fighter stand point I can tell you there is nothing that will cut me to the bone like a kid in pain, or sick and there aint NOTHING I can do about it. Adults are bad enough, but kids.................... The best thing we can do is get them to the hospital ASAP so they can get what ever they need to make them comfortable.

Good luck, and best wishes. I too hope for a speedy recovery.

P&J Lawncare
07-14-2002, 02:36 AM
I have three daughters myself so I feel for you, I hope she makes a full recovery soon.

vipermanz
07-14-2002, 05:14 AM
She has my best wishes for a clean recovery:), if she ever doubts she'll get better tell her i am an ortho' docs dream come true, and i'm still walking,,,,11 broken bones and counting!!!!!!

Dennis E.
07-14-2002, 09:26 AM
Three kids of my own. When something happens to them it really tears you up.
Hope she has a fast recovery.

awm
07-14-2002, 09:31 AM
man that would be a ripper..
dont even like to think about stuff like that ,w my kids. my sympathies.
yep im overprotective of the baby thats still home. [14 today]

odin
07-14-2002, 12:03 PM
I hope she recovers fully to bad something like that had to happen .
I dont know yet want it like to have daughters but it appears i gonna find out in october.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your little girl

Lawn-Scapes
07-14-2002, 01:26 PM
Thanks guys for your kind thoughts!

She's doing pretty well. A trooper to say the least. She hardly ever complains about anything.. ever! :angel:

I also forgot to mention that she was safe! Turned out to be the go ahead run and we held the lead for the win. They're gonna miss her today.. she's their clean-up hitter.

Thanks again!

awm
07-14-2002, 01:39 PM
tell her we all said . way to go girl.:)

rkbrown
07-15-2002, 09:02 AM
Tom:

I feel for you and your daughter. I have twin 9 year old girls. One is a competitive gymnast and is out for the next month with a stress fracture of her ankle. She broke her collarbone 2 years ago when she missed the high bar. You wish you could take their place when it comes to injuries. Please wish her a speedy recovery.