PDA

View Full Version : Tire Pressures

MS_SURVEYOR
05-27-2010, 12:02 AM
I had nothing to do tonight in the motel room. I'm working away from home. So I was wondering how many of you check your mower tire pressures before every mow. I do, and have for years. I'm a freak about a level mow. Having tire pressures correct, and the deck level with the correct pitch make for a level looking lawn. My neighbors never check their tire pressures. Probably have never checked their decks for levelness or pitch. And their lawns show it. Heck! I even got my wife a low pressure gauge. So how many of you check tire pressures before every mowing?

avguy
05-27-2010, 09:19 AM
I do....with a digital gauge. Hard to believe but even 1 psi will make a difference on my mower.

astrohip
05-27-2010, 12:54 PM
What kind of pressure should I have? I've heard anything from 10/12 all the way to 15+. What do you recommend?

MS_SURVEYOR
05-27-2010, 09:07 PM
What kind of pressure should I have? I've heard anything from 10/12 all the way to 15+. What do you recommend?

What ever works for you. And as you long as keep the pressures the same every time. For some strange reason, I run 8 psi in the front, and 12 psi in the rear in both my Sabre LT, and Bad Boy Pup. That happened messing around with pressures trying to find the right pitch for my blades. I would like to run 10 to 12 psi in the Sabre front tires to help with steering. And to run 8 psi in the Bad Boy rear tires to help smooth out the ride. I just haven't had the time to adjust the decks. Or I'm too lazy to mess with something that is working. :rolleyes:

:drinkup: