PDA

View Full Version : Gas tank leaks

FasTrak36
05-27-2010, 05:01 PM
It's gonna be a week or two before I can deal with this so thought I'd see if y'all here knew:

My namesake's (Mini i.e. non-Super) gas tank has a cracked (flange? bushing?) thingie that the brass elbow plugs-in to at the exit from the tank--leaks gas pretty bad, tho of course I can use the other tank instead. In looking at the parts manual it appears that the whole gas tank needs to be replaced i.e. neither the brass elbow nor the orange rubber flange/tube is shown as a repair part. So what appears on the surface to be a trivial issue maybe isn't if my dealer has to order a new gas tank, not to mention the extra time to install as this is the right-hand tank that the controls are in.

Will dealers have an easier way to deal with this or is a new tank the only way? Yeah it's under warranty, less than a year old & maybe 12 hours only...

I love my baby and will hate taking her-in for service, not to mention that the dealer's an hour plus away i.e. a PIA to get to...

mowerconsultant
05-28-2010, 04:06 PM
Please make sure your not using the unit if its leaking fuel.
The parts are available to service the tank fittings.
Your dealer will take care of this under warranty as long as you get it in before the warranty is up.

Pj

FasTrak36
05-28-2010, 06:24 PM
The parts are available to service the tank fittings. Your dealer will take care of this under warranty...
Thanks Pj I will call them next week to set up an appt.

Tom