PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy a Billy Goat Leaf Loader?

Bluesteel
07-14-2002, 02:54 PM
Do you guys have any suggestions on where to buy a 16Hp Billy Goat Leaf Loader online? Thanks ...

LAWNGODFATHER
07-14-2002, 03:07 PM
Suggestion time.

Giant Vac

16-20hp Kohler. The Briggs have carb problems when usen on a vac.

The hose connection on the billy goat to the vac are diffacult to put on and take off.

Any other questions about vacs post them I can help.

I don't know of any online sources.

Bluesteel
07-14-2002, 04:12 PM
LGF,

What carb probs?

Were you the guy that said they had a hole in the carb? Please elaborate...

wxmn6
07-14-2002, 06:02 PM
With the lawn services slowing down due to dry weather, and with Autumn coming up in a couple of months, now is a good time to start thinking about Fall. I am still thinking about the leaf loader but the only problem is that I need a confidence that I will have a sufficent numbers of people that will want this service to make it worth paying for the cost of leaf loader. I am looking at the Giant Vac 16HP leaf loader.

A few months ago I gave Giant Vac my request for their catalog and pricing. Got an email from them a week later saying thank you for the request and that the info. is being sent out. So far still have not got anything from them. I guess I will have to call them up via non toll free number to get their butt to send me the info. that I asked for. I am sure that they makes a good leaf loaders but I got a feeling that their services might not be that good. Maybe they are and I am wrong.

LAWNGODFATHER
07-14-2002, 08:22 PM
Yup that was me.

Everyone I know that has the Briggs on their leaf vac has the same problem.

It's not a hole it is a breather nipple for the carb. It will suck dust and accumulate moisture in due to this breather.

Only remidy for the dust was to mount a aerator for a fish tank on via a tube, but the moisture was still allowed in.

The Lesco leaf loader vac is pretty good also.

The problem lies in the B&S engine not the vac.

General Grounds
07-14-2002, 08:31 PM
:blob3: i have the lesco 16 hp leaf loader for 2 years now and have'nt had any problems, eats leaves well, even wet ones. tony

Mark
07-14-2002, 11:41 PM
Billygoat loaders with the 16hp Vanguard are usually trouble free,I know sereral friends and they work the tar out on these units with no problems, thats with the briggs Vanguard engine,very reliable motors. Ive got one on a 93yr walkbehind and have never had any major problems......Marks Mowing Service

Bluesteel
07-18-2002, 03:01 PM
Anyone else?