PDA

View Full Version : Green Paint over Brown Patch/Dollar Spot and other turf issues

proudx
05-28-2010, 07:11 AM
http://www.naturalgreengrasspatch.com/

what do you think about using a product like this after discovering brown spot or dollar spot and properly treating with fungicide? Would painting this over the affected area slow the turfs ability to recover or possibly even slow down photosynthesis of the leaf blade? I was thinking about spraying this during the winter dormant time hear in GA and using it for spot treating problem areas in lawn

cgaengineer
05-28-2010, 09:27 AM
Lesco/JDL sells a similar product and if asking will it slow down photosynthesis I would have to say no on dormant bermuda grass since the brown stems do not green up and most of the time if its brown because of a fungus its dead.

greenman1
05-28-2010, 03:02 PM
I have actually used the Natural Green Grass Patch for some time now and can tell you, that it works wonders and has a great color. It actually helps the brown patches grow back naturally, putting a protective barrier over the top of the grass, allowing moisture to stay at the blads longer helping the grass to green up again. It really does work! Hope this helps!

proudx
05-28-2010, 03:43 PM
anyone lese use this product or anything like it? I just don't see how photosynthesis is not affected if you get a solid green paint color painted on the blade. Perhaps wouldn't matter if you painted dormant grass.

greenman1
05-28-2010, 03:54 PM
As far as I know, it is a pigment base dye not just a paint, designed just for lawn and turf.

proudx
05-30-2010, 07:44 PM
what are the pros and cons of using a grass dye on trouble spots?

Has anyone tried a variety of products and compared them?

greenman1
05-30-2010, 07:57 PM
I have been using lawn paint for a number of years now, have used almost everything on the market, including Lesco, Pioneer Athletics, Grass Patch, etc. The Grass Patch does wonders on all sorts of lawns. I am speaking from years of experience. It's cheap enough to buy, so see for yourself! Thanks, the Green Man!